• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Evans Creek Oktoberfest: 10/22 - 10/24 Picture thread

Videos:

Dave on the 196.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAKINxPGw-0

Dave giving it hell up on the 519.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEpK6SZwp3E

Few more random pics: Seemed like my lens was always fogged up so the quality kind of sucks.
IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

I haven't even begun to look over my junk yet. I did notice my drag link has a slight bend in it, and my steering is about due for a rebuild. I sheared one of my rock light wires off. Crammed a chunk of a stump in one of my beads. Massaged my quarter panel a bit, and added a few new scuffs in the paint.

Kind of afraid what else I'll find. :laugh3:

Joe at the entrance to the 196
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdvq0Pu414o

Thats all the video I took that's worth posting. Here are a couple pictures I took.

The group stopped on the 197 while welding up the broken UCA mount.
DSCF3897.jpg

DSCF3898.jpg

DSCF3899.jpg

Kevin on the step-up play area off of the 519
DSCF3900.jpg

The whole group taking a break at the little play area off of the 519
DSCF3901.jpg

DSCF3902.jpg

My XJ Posing on a rock at the big open area off of the 519
DSCF3903.jpg

thanks for the great time guys! wish i could have wheeled my rig longer then ten minutes but you win some you loose some. figured out why my front wasnt working sheared off the end of the inner axle and that took out the actuator too. the tire that gota whole was a brand new tire 500 miles now totally a loss. and id post pictures but i lost my camera up there so if anyone finds it id love to get it back so my girlfriend doesnt kill me! o and scotts dads tcase blew up the corner right before getting it back to his truck and trailer he almost had a perfect first run with it!

Okay, time for my show an tell.

Trip started out great. We didn't leave the rendevu point until 11:10, the greatest wheeler in the world was running a little late.

Great weather on the drive up, only took about 2 an a half hours not bad.

Some pics on the way up

20101022_153410_01.jpg

Hmm.. I had photo bucket resize em.. still huge.. go figure.

Getting gas before heading to the camp site

20101022_153753_03.jpg

Here we have out chosen camp site -

20101022_172130_06.jpg

Yepp, we put tents under the roof. Dustin was the only one who camped under the tree's, in the rain...:farmer:

Here is Rod.. putting his tent up from the inside.. :laugh2:
20101022_172059_05.jpg

resize your images

The Fun began with some Brew and snares... There is definitly a survial trend catching on in the NWC..

20101022_183621_07.jpg

Notice the large moon shaped lump on the crown of Rod's head.. :thumbup: GONG went the hood over the fire. when he smacked into it.. ouch.

20101023_203949_97.jpg

All right, i am gonna cut this short.. I thought I fixed the huge pic problem.. :soapbox:

Here is a couple videos one of Rod.. cause.. damn I needed some footage..

And a couple of Tim on the 519 Rock Face.

I was trying to show how close the trails are. Its a little unnerving to be off camber and so close to the bank. Just inches away from no glass and some new dents.

I thought everyone did a great job navigating the narrow trail corridors at Evans. They are not the easiest trails to fit an XJ down, especially when we've had some recent rain and everything is a bit slick. A few dents are to be expected, but no one lost any glass and that's always a good thing.

Back