• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

EugeneTheTJ's 2000 XJ Build Thread

im not overly fond of my detours tailbone. i like the over all look of it but the swingout portion is a bit on the flimsy side. the structure bolts to the body pretty solid tho.

im about to modify mine to hopefully give me a bit more visability

I think they will look right at home on the old Jeep

IMG_20160116_120459_zpswwcz8spc.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice build. I love the exterior mods you've done. How does your knucklebone hold up on non paved surfaces?

You mentioned you'll need adapters for those wheels? I LOVE those wheels and have been considering picking up a set for my Silver '01 XJ but didn't realize adapters would be needed...

Very nice build. I love the exterior mods you've done. How does your knucklebone hold up on non paved surfaces?

Seems to be just fine. A little side to side sway but I even have that on the full carrier on my TJ. The latch itself is rated to something like 700lbs. The trick is just to keep the tightening mechanism inside the hitch receiver tight and the sway is minimal.

You mentioned you'll need adapters for those wheels? I LOVE those wheels and have been considering picking up a set for my Silver '01 XJ but didn't realize adapters would be needed...

Yea JK's bolt pattern is 5x5 and ours is 5x4.5. Either need adapters or different axles and if I am doing the work to install JK axles they're going in the TJ over this.

Those wj seats look nice

Thanks. The dub they came out of only had like 90k miles on it. They're practically new!

I had leather ones in my 98 and loved them.

If I can figure out how to mod them for a 2 door, I may do them again.

I had leather ones in my 98 and loved them.

If I can figure out how to mod them for a 2 door, I may do them again.

Pretty sure you just need to move the outer hinge from the XJ seat to the WJ seat. I've not done it personally but I believe that's the only mod you'd need to make.

I've got WJ seats in my jeep and love em.

Back