• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Duratrac or Truxus mt

I have a new set of 31 Dura Tracs waiting to go on my XJ, I just need to finish my front end lift and on they go. If you are a member of Tread Lightly you can get $100 back from Goodyear. If you’re not a member it's only $25 to join so you still save some cash. I pasted the link below, pretty sure it’s good for any Goodyear Wrangler tires.

http://www.treadlightly.org/page.php/goodyear-rebate

I have a new set of 31 Dura Tracs waiting to go on my XJ, I just need to finish my front end lift and on they go. If you are a member of Tread Lightly you can get $100 back from Goodyear. If you’re not a member it's only $25 to join so you still save some cash. I pasted the link below, pretty sure it’s good for any Goodyear Wrangler tires.

http://www.treadlightly.org/page.php/goodyear-rebate

That totally blows if you're a Canuck:canada:, no dice even if you are a member. -B

I'm runnin the Dura Tracs on my Excursion in 35's. They are the best "all terrain" tire I have had so far performing in the sand, dirt and rain. They are a little more aggressive than the BFG's and Terra Graplers, but much more capable. They balanced pretty good too.

On my XJ I am running the MTR Kevlars and they kick a$$. However, they cost a little bit more. You get what you pay for.

How's the road noise on the DuraTracs? I'm considering them to replace the MT/Rs that came on the Moabs I recently purchased, as the road noise generated by the MT/Rs is over what I'd consider to be the "obnoxious" threshold. All other criteria seem to be met in terms of its capabilities, so any input on road noise would be nice. I actually just put the stock RT/S tires back on my XJ this evening because of the noise (not to mention the fact that I'm still running stock gearing).

As a referential scale, if someone could rate it between a 1 and a 10 with 1 being the least road noise (like the stock Wrangler RT/S) and 10 being obnoxious (like the MT/Rs, which are the only aggressive tread tire I have experience with on this vehicle), that'd kick ass.

How's the road noise on the DuraTracs? I'm considering them to replace the MT/Rs that came on the Moabs I recently purchased, as the road noise generated by the MT/Rs is over what I'd consider to be the "obnoxious" threshold. All other criteria seem to be met in terms of its capabilities, so any input on road noise would be nice. I actually just put the stock RT/S tires back on my XJ this evening because of the noise (not to mention the fact that I'm still running stock gearing).

As a referential scale, if someone could rate it between a 1 and a 10 with 1 being the least road noise (like the stock Wrangler RT/S) and 10 being obnoxious (like the MT/Rs, which are the only aggressive tread tire I have experience with on this vehicle), that'd kick ass.

I guess this doesn't really help much and everyone is entitled to their opinion but you rate the MT/R's a 10 for noise? I would rate MT/R's about a 3 or 4 on terms of tire noise and the factory tires about a 1 so I would assume the duratracs are a 2 or 3 on my scale. My wife's BFG A/T's are louder than my MT/R's were. I am starting to gain some interest in the duratracs from this thread though. I have to apologize for my earlier post, for some reason I was thinking about a different tire and I saw a set of these in person the other day and they don't look like a bad all terrain tread pattern at all. Keep the info coming, especially the traction and mileage info.
-Aaron

Last edited:
I am starting to gain some interest in the duratracs from this thread though. I have to apologize for my earlier post, for some reason I was thinking about a different tire and I saw a set of these in person the other day and they don't look like a bad all terrain tread pattern at all. Keep the info coming, especially the traction and mileage info.
-Aaron

Check out this thread on them......
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f15/goodyear-wrangler-duratrac-701455/

http://goodyeartires.com/goodyearti...=16&mrktgrp=Light+Truck&image.x=69&image.y=18

Go to that link....Goodyear rates all their tires in different categories on a scale of 1-10...but in this case, 1 is the worst, 10 is the best....I don't know why you're backwards, 1-10 scales are always worst to best, but anyways, this should help!

General Grabber A/T2's FTW

factory 60k mile prorated tread warranty, kick absolute ass in any type of snow ive come across, decent in the mud, gotta spin em good though (ain't no swamper lol), rocks they grip like a damn spider and don't chunk that bad, sidewalls are acceptable, quiet on the road and behave acceptably in the rain etc. Looks like I should get about 22k mile out of em, i'm @ about 12k right now, wearin good and takin a beating asking for more. Used to run BFG A/T's on the road, never again compound is too soft for me for the price. Offroad i run swampers period. I like them duratracs though for sure, pretty lookin tire plus the pattern is decent enough. JMO though.

I just purchased set of 33 12.5 dura tracs. Is it me or does it feel the sidewall is a little soft? Changing lanes they dont feel as stiff as my BFG ATs. beside the fact they are 2ply sidewall vs 3 ply..
Other than that they look good at least but you have to do white letter out!

Back