• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dose a body lift make sense

Prepare yourself cause everybody is about to jump your ass. You see, there is no frame under your XJ so you dont have a body to lift, it's all connected. Depending on the type of lift you have you may be able to add some spacers & shackles to get more lift. But we would need more details. Enjoy the pummelling. :D

I know I know, Ill never ask stupid ass questions again, what I really want to know is how can I get a higher look w/ the 3" lift. I already took my fender skirts off and cut some of the fender off for some bigger tire clearance. Most of my car knowledge is geared toward hondas mazdas etc, so v speed thanks for the warning.:doh:

like vintage said, you could put a budget boost...consisting of coil spacers for the front and shackles or blocks in the rear...for another inch or two.

who here hasn't asked the time-old XJ body lift question?

some aftermarket "high clearance" bumpers also make it appear to be taller. but your best bet is fender trimming, wheels with less backspacing and the addition of larger/wider flares, something along the line of bushwhackers ot YJ/TJ flares

PhatXJ said:
Wha? Huh?

I put a 2" body lift on my rig 2 years ago :confused:

That's just mean.

But I know you asked that question before....

Here is a Brave new Idea to make your Heep look higher.....Smaller tires!

Kidding, just be well advised that the first 3" are cheap and easy, every inch after that will cost you 500.00

Don't ask me how I know

John

where did you find the cheap $500.00 an inch deal, man I have been getting screwed these last 6 times LOL

Fullsizexj said:
where did you find the cheap $500.00 an inch deal, man I have been getting screwed these last 6 times LOL

It was actually 600/inch for me but I didn't want to scare the guy too much....we do want him to stay around...

How interesting, I just met some BS'er last night at the bar who tried to tell me that his buddy lifted an XJ 13" with an additional 4" body lift.

I didn't have the heart - or enough beer - to get into that debate!

Back