• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dodge laser hood vent / grill

RWKHausSupply

NAXJA Forum User
Well at the pick a part today to get a wiper assembly, I found a hood from a dodge laser. Well it had a nice large vent / grill on the hood. I removed it and took it to the XJ and found it matched the hood angle / bow very closely.

Anyone ever use this larger (maybe 8" x 22") grill on a Xj hood? I took pictures and will post them tomorrow when I get to work where the cam cable is...

pictures..

33460004-1.jpg

33460005-1.jpg

Looks liek a good fit.

Anyone else ever use this one?

not at all. It has plenty of room. About 5+ inches from any members in the hood. Only issue I see is the int air tube and where it first comes up and off the TB. It looks like if I dont get the louver placed right that the mounting stud will protrude down right in to that tube, the int tube only has about 1/2" form the hood of clearance now in that one area..

i doubt you can make that hood look any worse.

Ramsey said:

Yeah thats how we roll in yorba linda, cali.. LOL

WIfe loves it parked in the driveway when I dont get it in the garage. All the neighbors love it when they cruise by in thier benz's, bemers, and occational mazeratti...

But after the hood is removed I will be sanding it down and after I get it in there, painting it back to stock color. then once I get the front fenders that have a large enough flare in them for the tire/wheel combo, painting them then maybe even the doors someday.

Ramsey said:

HA!

I think it would look pretty good. Although, I wonder if you could fit an H2 hood vent on there? I'm sure they are easy to come by with people trying to "Bling" out their rides.

How are You goin to cut the hole for the vent ?

Those vents are mean lookin !

Last edited:
RobertK, how do you plan on making it match the lines in the center of the hood? Won't it stick up a little over those two ridges?

Just curious. Looking forward to the final outcome.

Trailbst said:
RobertK, how do you plan on making it match the lines in the center of the hood? Won't it stick up a little over those two ridges?

Just curious. Looking forward to the final outcome.
Yep the channel down the center will be slightly recessed, but plan on filling that in and then painting so it should look ok, like it really matters lol As stated theres nothing I can really do to make it any worst.

one larger louver flows more air then 2 or 4 of smaller total size ea but same face area total. So I wanted one larger, and it was 16$ when I was there grabbing a wiper assembly.

ROBERTK said:
Yep the channel down the center will be slightly recessed, but plan on filling that in and then painting so it should look ok, like it really matters lol As stated theres nothing I can really do to make it any worst.

one larger louver flows more air then 2 or 4 of smaller total size ea but same face area total. So I wanted one larger, and it was 16$ when I was there grabbing a wiper assembly.

Did you just buy the vent or did you get the whole hood too?

i made hood vents out of a a/c return vent from my old house. they are huge, but i think the look badass and work very well. ill try to get some pics up. in a minute

here is what i did:

original vent
Picture001.jpg

holes in hood
Picture011.jpg

finished product
Picture015.jpg

Picture013.jpg

after that i riveted them on, one is not riveted down in the pic

-Tim

Last edited:
bjoehandley said:
Did you just buy the vent or did you get the whole hood too?
Just the louver..

I like that laser louver, I think it would look sweet, im trying to find one of those right now... pretty hard to find :(

yeah I never would have though, I just happen to see it down the isle and figured hey lets try it. The angle is about right...

Back