• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Diff covers

to clarify on the 'lip' im not referring to where the cover is not the same shape as the mounting surface, i mean like the lip/flat surface created by the 'bolt ring' on the diff cover vs. that of the cast ones where the bolt heads are recessed and the cover itself is more 'aerodynamic' to slide over things

99greenjeeper said:
anyone here ever have an aftermarket (guard or hd cover) until fail on them?

nope - i have seen them damaged from trail abuse on some skinny pedal mashin but never broken

i have the superlift rings and the only reason i have them is i got good deals on them - otherwise i wouldnt have gotten them b/c they are 100 dollars and are not even a full replacement unit - they are zinc coated and are functional - they have held up well on my 30/44 combo

I picked up a Baertrax Buttface cover used last week...I had some doubts before I tested it on the trail. I can honestly say I beat the livin' crap out of it on the trail. It held up great. There were several times when my spotter said "you are gonna hit your front diff" I just gave it a little gas and went up and over...

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0092.jpg

I know, they are about the UGLIEST cover out there, but my Jeep isn't built to be put in a beauty contest!!!!

Back