• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Diff Covers for an - XJ, 8.25, 8.8, D30 & D44's

Diff cover would be much stronger than the whole center section on a d44a LOL

Dana 44 Cover
axle001.jpg

Thanks I should be ordering one for the rear soon.

Just ordered my D60 cover and a few other goodies! I went for the countersunk bolts this time; I didn't on my D30/8.25 covers and got tired of dealing with deformed boltheads after some rock lovin'.

orderd a set of covers today, 15min later they were shipped, didnt expect it to be that fast, cant wait to get em, thanks

Love my covers, they have saved my ass numerous times. For anyone thinking you don't need a strong cover on the rear diff, think again. I've used mine as a skid plate while backing up to get out of a jam. I think I nailed it on a rock 4-5 times in a row trying to bump the rear diff up and over. I've also had the XJ come to a complete stop on the front diff from 5-10 mph.

Dan, a few questions. My drain plug in the front cover is getting pretty mangled since it's right in the path of destruction. Should I just weld up this hole next time I have the cover off or look for replacement plugs somewhere? Next, I've just about worn the lower front bolts in half from rubbing on rocks. Would it be wise to countersink the holes myself and look for the bolts myself? I just don't want to do them a tad off and have something not fit. Last, your covers are big and beefy, but can get in the way of a high steer tie rod. How much clearance on the gears do I have inside the cover if I wanted to modify it to fit a straight tie rod?

Love my covers, they have saved my ass numerous times. For anyone thinking you don't need a strong cover on the rear diff, think again. I've used mine as a skid plate while backing up to get out of a jam. I think I nailed it on a rock 4-5 times in a row trying to bump the rear diff up and over. I've also had the XJ come to a complete stop on the front diff from 5-10 mph.

Dan, a few questions. My drain plug in the front cover is getting pretty mangled since it's right in the path of destruction. Should I just weld up this hole next time I have the cover off or look for replacement plugs somewhere? Next, I've just about worn the lower front bolts in half from rubbing on rocks. Would it be wise to countersink the holes myself and look for the bolts myself? I just don't want to do them a tad off and have something not fit. Last, your covers are big and beefy, but can get in the way of a high steer tie rod. How much clearance on the gears do I have inside the cover if I wanted to modify it to fit a straight tie rod?

You can weld it up if the rocks have pulled you from the water!

You could do it yourself but you really need to do it on a drill press so the countersink dosen't wander.

In the corner there is room (~3/4"), over the ring gear no more than 3/16...

Back