• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Diff Covers for an - XJ, 8.25, 8.8, D30 & D44's

^^^ I received mine on Monday. My daughter said, hey dad there’s a package on the porch for you. I said bring it here. She said, I can’t. :D

lol, true. my mailman is one of those that parks his van, loads up a pouch with mail and walks a block or two at a time to deliver. when he dropped off my 2nd diff cover, i was home and he took the opportunity to ask me what in the world i was ordering :)

I just got my 8.8 cover, much the same response from the post office lady who had to carry it out from the back... "its seems small, but this is really heavy, its yours now"
just waiting on the D30, can't wait to have "2 bumpers" front and back.

I'll post up some pics I took, comparison shots of how a stock 8.8 cover takes a shot from a ball pean hammer and how a RuffStuff cover fares out... not even fair really, but proof positive of why they are worth it.

haha, not a worry man I was so stoked getting the one I was busy wire wheeling it, priming and laying a coat of rubberized rocker guard on it (my paint of choice for the Jeep)
When it was all done I realized I would have to do it all over again... which I did today after picking up the monster D30 guard.
People say you can only polish a turd soo much... just build it around a RuffStuff cover and your good!!

Dan... I PM'd ya too.

Are the bolt holes recessed? If not any plans in the future?

Here is a pic of a 8.25 with the countersunk option......

normal_8.25%20closeup.jpg

When countersunk holes are chosen they come with the bolts....

The stock market is collapsing.....for now......

It will come back over time or civilization as we know it will end:wave1: Oh well, life goes on and if civilization is coming to an end what better time to get your rig ready:laugh:

And if it costs' 10% less by using the NAXJA discount why not save the difference!

Here is a pic of a 8.25 with the countersunk option......

normal_8.25%20closeup.jpg

When countersunk holes are chosen they come with the bolts....

that is preeeeeetty :thumbup:

...is that a drain screw i see? so i don't have to pull my cover to change my fluid? that's a really sweet idea. perhaps i shall one-up it's sweetness: what about making THAT recessed too? i'd be afraid shearing that little bolt head off on a rock... i suppose then you potentially compromise the strength by removing so much material thickness.... but it's a thought.

We have been makeing these for 2 1/2 years now and they have become the industry standard. Building them 3/8" thick wasn't an afterthought, we build them to take a hit and keep on going! Over and over again......

Over the years we have refined them and tweaked them but they are still basically the same we started with way back when.......here are some pics of the most up to date models that are the most commonly used in an XJ.

album%20dif%20cover%20pic.jpg

D30
D30%20Diff%20cover%202%2016%2008.jpg

D44
D44%20Diff%20cover%202%2016%2008.jpg

Chrysler%208.25%20cover%20pic.jpg

And the kind of quantity we like to keep in stock..........
normal_I%20can_t%20bend%20it%20ubolt.jpg

We make 5 other covers but these are the most comonly used on an XJ, and don't forget the NAXJA discount code when you buy one!

Oooooo...I really like that. =] Let me know what it would cost for a 30 and 8.25 shipped to 89701 maybe the girl too hahahaahh

Can a body say "Bullet Proof". I have a D30 front on mine and I have taken some bone jarrin, heart thumpin shots with it and not even a hint of a dent! These are tough!!! I am saving now for a D44 cover for my rear. Dan, you guys make a killer product.

Thanks!!!
Mark

hey Dan. If your ever out in the Phoenix area and want some diff covers tested for "bullet proof" purposes, I am sure some AZ guys would be happy to help!

Back