• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Decently priced good performing tires?

Baja claws will likely be my next set of tires, when my MT/R's wear out. They are supposed to be great offroad, but really suck on the highway.

For a DD/Wheeling rig, you can't get much better than an MT/R (loud when worn) or TruXus MT.

Im on the BFG bandwagon. Merchants tires charged me 169 a tire for 32" mud-terrains mounted and balanced. Personally I thought it was a steal. All-terrains would be a couple dollars cheaper if you wanted to go that route and both tires get pretty amazing mileage if cared for properly.

I just bought a set of Dayton Timberline AT's. Great tire for the money and they balance well. 75 bucks a piece for 235/75/15's. They look good too!

xj joey said:
i have what i think is a great tire. its a trailcutter off ebay. never heard of them but they balance well, are like a 50,000 mile tire, and have a mix of MT an AT. run them on a daily driver cause they are not loud but have plenty of tread when i go wheeling.
l_9679904fb60c6a912a86c7c9232a2549.jpg

how much lift you got?
and what size are the tires?

Last edited:
Got the BFG KOs from Sams and they were $515 mounted and balanced with free rotation and road hazard. Quiet and mildly aggressive looking. Mine are 31 x 10.50 x 15s but 33s are available for a little more. I like that they last and last cause I hate to buy tires and this gives me a long time to think about which ones for next time.

I DD on Interco's TrXus MTs. $126 per tire, aggressive as you can get w/o super swampin' it, and surprisingly quiet on the street (for an MT). If you want aggressive but street-worthy, go TrXus. I have no complaints.

I have really gotten great life out of these Procomp Mud Terrains (35x12.50). They have a nice lug pattern and seem to wear well on the street too. Fairly quiet and easy to balance.

Here's a photo of my MTRs (I think you can see them in this one--cell phone picture LOL!!!) :

EDIT: Maybe not. here's a side shot:

2aipl6f.jpg

BlackJax said:
I have really gotten great life out of these Procomp Mud Terrains (35x12.50). They have a nice lug pattern and seem to wear well on the street too. Fairly quiet and easy to balance.

Here's a photo of my MTRs (I think you can see them in this one--cell phone picture LOL!!!) :

EDIT: Maybe not. here's a side shot:

2aipl6f.jpg

That jeep is down right sexy. Thats the TNT bumper right? I'm gonna get it.. got any other TNT products on that thing? And how much lift do ya have? I'm thinkin bout going with their 5.5 and 33"s....:roflmao:

i have had both sets of bfg's the a/t's and the m/t's, both are great tires, but i prefer the m/t's, they are a little bit slicker in the rain b/c of the lack of siping, but will last forever as i have gotten over 50k on a set with stil over 25% tread, they are also tough as hell since they are 5 ply compared to the normal 4 ply,

you missed the decently priced part, coopers tires have gotten pricey.

Dunlop mud rovers are dirt cheap, and good on road and good for anything but extreme wheeling.

IronSmiles said:
That jeep is down right sexy. Thats the TNT bumper right? I'm gonna get it.. got any other TNT products on that thing? And how much lift do ya have? I'm thinkin bout going with their 5.5 and 33"s....:roflmao:

Thanks! You guessed it. It's a tnt bumper and the suspension is the tnt 7.5" y-link kit. I'm very pleased with the quality of the tnt products. You won't be disappointed! :cheers:

Back