• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana44/30 4.88 $1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

xj9140

NAXJA Forum User
I already had another thread. I jumped the gun a little wasnt really sure what I wanted. I also managed to irritate a few members with my so called "bitch move" I figured it was appropriate to start a new thread without all the clutter. A link to my original thread: http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1038625

Now that thats out of the way.

I am selling my front end, only because I am building a new custom front suspension and all the mounts would need cutting off, I figure instead off cannibalizing this bolt in axle I could sell it to fund a dana 60 build, Its a really nice setup. I plan to advertise it for a couple months or so, if it don't sell, I'll just keep it and buy some RCV shafts down the road.

Its a high pinion, open dif, 44 with WJ outers. duel piston brakes and nice crossover steering. Its a bolt in swap. Its currently under my rig and I would like to get a bolt in core and $1000 for it, firm. Includes adjustable panhard bar and all the steering. The bumpstops are not included. If you only wanted the center section from inner c to inner c (like 4wheel parts sells for $2000) The price would be $800 firm(includes panhard). I also have a matching xj 44 that I would include for $1200 and some cores. Thanks for looking.
_TLM4420.jpg

You want $1,000 and a axle for a unlocked hp 44 with stock axles that no one knows where it has been, how bad it was treated and you can clearly see from the photo has some very big issues.

If I were you I would sell this to some sucker on CL, go after the TJ group they seem to have more money to spend then most that got into the XJ. Most people that are here on NAXJA because it is a cheep start and most like to build it themselfs. Selling something like this to members of a club can get more then the one person mad at you.

Good luck

there are certain parts that some guys have much of time and money into, so they feel it is worth more than it really is due to this personal bias . its hard for other people to see that value of this. this is the reason you see something like a 3" lifted 89 xjs on craigslist sometimes for 3500$ obo. they have added the sentimental value into the price.
this has happened to me before too. its what someone feels something is worth versus what the market is actually saying its worth.

i definetly agree about the TJ guys. they call about axles i sell all the time.

what issue's?

X2,,, yeah what issues are visible in his pic that i cant see?? :confused:

-HP center section from a f150 & stock located mounts for a straight bolt-in for an XJ by itself is worth the grand & the work looks good...
-LCA mounts have skids, inner knucks are gusseted, its sleeved...
-Has a half pipe home made truss on the bottom that i actually like, (jeep speed knowlege tells u that a truss under the axle is STRONGER then ontop, but obviously is a ground clearance issue for rock crawlin which is why its SMALL!! :rtm:))
-Trac is perfect to the drag link angle & the brackets look solid...
-7/8 heims are holdin those WJ knucks 2gether, & u can always upgrade the outters to 30splined hubs, OR warn lockouts, OR a spindle assembly is now available for christ sakes!! :smoker:
-AND u can always throw in a locker at any time there with that retarded comment about it bein unlocked & not worth the money!! ((NOT tryin 2 start anything here, just pointin out the obvious 2 what looks like someone tryin 2 ruin a mans thread!! :gag:))

Only reason i havent bought it is cauz i gotta wait till next week 2 get the $$ so i hope its still for sale!!! For someone like ME who'd have 2 PAY for all that custom work in LABOR COSTS,,, its well worth the grand!!!
:worship:

-HP center section from a f150 & stock located mounts for a straight bolt-in for an XJ by itself is worth the grand & the work looks good...
-Has a half pipe home made truss on the bottom that i actually like, (jeep speed knowlege tells u that a truss under the axle is STRONGER then ontop, but obviously is a ground clearance issue for rock crawlin which is why its SMALL!! :rtm:))
-7/8 heims are holdin those WJ knucks 2gether, & u can always upgrade the outters to 30splined hubs, OR warn lockouts, OR a spindle assembly is now available for christ sakes!! :smoker:
-AND u can always throw in a locker at any time there with that retarded comment about it bein unlocked & not worth the money!! ((NOT tryin 2 start anything here, just pointin out the obvious 2 what looks like someone tryin 2 ruin a mans thread!! :gag:))

Only reason i havent bought it is cauz i gotta wait till next week 2 get the $$ so i hope its still for sale!!! For someone like ME who'd have 2 PAY for all that custom work in LABOR COSTS,,, its well worth the grand!!!
You may also be on the wrong side of the country to buy it in a reasonable convenient manner.

So you want to buy it, post up about how great you think it is, but still hope no one buys it before you can get the money together?

:gag:

dude, just buy an axle already

-I got till next week to get the $$ together SO if he gets a buyer then so be it!! Simple as that & i move on...

-Seems like u guys are just bored & need some drama, SO WHY ARE U POSTING ON HIS THREAD??? Be gone unless ur interested in buyin the mans axle!!

History lesson;

THIS IS THE SIERRA CHAPTER. We look out for the Sierra Chapter members. OP posts up axles for sale with fair price. Receives much interest. So much so he begins to feel he listed too low. Retracts classified add. Realizes the deal was fair when no offers on inflated price. Attempts to restore ad at original price. Many feel this is BS and expresses this opinion.

By the way, how much money are you attempting to get together. Do you have any idea what shipping costs are?

-I got till next week to get the $$ together SO if he gets a buyer then so be it!! Simple as that & i move on...

-Seems like u guys are just bored & need some drama, SO WHY ARE U POSTING ON HIS THREAD??? Be gone unless ur interested in buyin the mans axle!!
You plan on paying shipping to NY from CA?

History lesson;

THIS IS THE SIERRA CHAPTER. We look out for the Sierra Chapter members. OP posts up axles for sale with fair price. Receives much interest. So much so he begins to feel he listed too low. Retracts classified add. Realizes the deal was fair when no offers on inflated price. Attempts to restore ad at original price. Many feel this is BS and expresses this opinion.

By the way, how much money are you attempting to get together. Do you have any idea what shipping costs are?
Yeah, that part of it was dumb, but that's not entirely what's being complained about. People wanna bag on the price or quality whatever with no real basis.

History lesson;

WTF This is not at all true.

HISTORY LESSON

1. I've wanted sixtys for a long time, but always just assumed I could never afford them

2. A guy in town advertised some f350 super duty axles for sale on craigslist, 76000 mi 4.30 gears, 800 bucks

3. After speaking with him on the phone, I managed to convince myself he was selling a high pinion d60, He knew what he had was a 50 and neglected to mention it.

4. I frantically tried to figure out how I could get some money together, I was worried somebody else woud buy the axles before me. I called three different family members asking to borrow money. (i never do this) and even applied for a personal loan from the bank.

5. With no luck at all, as a last resort, I figured I could sell my axles since I was replacing them any way.

6. I put them up on NAXJA for 1200 bucks, I guy wanted to come buy them in a couple days.

7. Stocked about getting my sixties, I started doing research on pirate about the axles, Come to find out, dana sixty's never came in srw 2000 super duty's, only the dueleys had them, I was piseed.

8. I called the potential buyer and told hem everything that was going on and that I didn't want to sell them in tell I found a front dana 60.

9. I was pissed about the whole thing and posted up a stupid, rant about it, saying I didnt originally ask a high enuff price and was accepting higher cash offers.

10. I geuss that pissed off alot of people off

11. After searching around on pirate more, I found several local 60's for good prices.

12. I updated my thread that I would still take $1200, but I wanted some cores too

Last edited:
WTF This is not at all true.

HISTORY LESSON

1. I've wanted sixtys for a long time, but always just assumed I could never afford them

2. A guy in town advertised some f350 super duty axles for sale on craigslist, 76000 mi 4.30 gears, 800 bucks

3. After speaking with him on the phone, I managed to convince myself he was selling a high pinion d60, He knew what he had was a 50 and neglected to mention it.

4. I frantically tried to figure out how I could get some money together, I was worried somebody else woud buy the axles before me. I called three different family members asking to borrow money. (i never do this) and even applied for a personal loan from the bank.

5. With no luck at all, as a last resort, I figured I could sell my axles since I was replacing them any way.

6. I put them up on NAXJA for 1200 bucks, I guy wanted to come buy them in a couple days.

7. Stocked about getting my sixties, I started doing research on pirate about the axles, Come to find out, dana sixty's never came in srw 2000 super duty's, only the dueleys had them, I was piseed.

8. I called the potential buyer and told hem everything that was going on and that I didn't want to sell them in tell I found a front dana 60.

9. I was pissed about the whole thing and posted up a stupid, rant about it, saying I didnt originally ask a high enuff price and was accepting higher cash offers.

10. I geuss that pissed off alot of people off

11. After searching around on pirate more, I found several local 60's for good prices.

12. I updated my thread that I would still take $1200, but I wanted some cores too
To be fair, he advertised that they were F350 axles. It's up to you to do the research to know what you're getting before you start selling yours and getting loans from the bank and whatnot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back