• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 35 with 31's will there be problems?

if you're going 3.55s don't bother regearing, just buy the rearend out of any 4.0/auto XJ made in 97 or later with an 8.25 and throw it in. No sense regearing to an easily found (hell, easier to find than your current ratio) factory ratio.

Darky, you have been trolled

if you're going 3.55s don't bother regearing, just buy the rearend out of any 4.0/auto XJ made in 97 or later with an 8.25 and throw it in. No sense regearing to an easily found (hell, easier to find than your current ratio) factory ratio.

Darky, you have been trolled

exactly i just want something that will be a plug and play

another thing you will probably need is the driveshaft out of a 96 and later 5spd 4.0 with an 8.25... unless you have a certain amount of lift, which likely depends on what springs you run. Check how much your slip yoke is engaged / how much compression space it has and see if you can run yours or if you're going to need the proper one. If you are installing an SYE I have heard you can use the front driveshaft out of a V8 ZJ as your new rear shaft but haven't verified it.

Would have mentioned this earlier but I forgot to.

Since it's an aftermarket shaft you're running now it might be a better idea to have that one shortened to fit the better axle and rebalanced instead of using a junkyard one.

You'll be fine. There are thousands of wranglers on the road (and off) that run bigger tires.

You will be fine - it's a fine axle.

99 5 speed 4.0
I have a Dana 35 with a limited slip diff i run 31's it is my daily driver and it sometimes sees some light trail duty i do have a bit of a heavier right foot but not like im putting it through the floor all the time ive heard that the dana 35 is no good for heavy duty offroading but for what i normally do is there anything to be concerned about?

Like has been said, It'll be fine for 31's as long as you use some sense. Anything bigger and i'd upgrade.

Back