• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

control arm drop brackets

It hasn't been explicitly stated, but it would seem I would have to also have adjustable upper CAs to run lower CA drop brackets on a 4.5" lift in order to correct my pinion angle.

I recently bought an 87 XJ with a 4.5" RC lift, stock driveshafts, and a 1" transfer case drop. The RC lift kit appears to have included fixed front LCAs, trackbar, brakeline relocation brackets, longer front swaybar links, rear springs, shocks, and the transfer case drop. The rig does not have extended bumpstops or adjustable upper CAs.

Last edited:
the adjustable CA is why i havent got some DBs yet, i figure for the price of adjustable uppers and lowers and drop brackets i could go RK 3 link, i need to do something though 8.5" on short arms is demolishing my spine

the adjustable CA is why i havent got some DBs yet, i figure for the price of adjustable uppers and lowers and drop brackets i could go RK 3 link, i need to do something though 8.5" on short arms is demolishing my spine

...you're kidding....right? 8.5" on short arms? Please post pics of your vertical control arms :D

remember that dime you dropped at that drive thru window, ya i went thru there and about lost control when the front tire went over it. reflectors on the highway jar the whole rig

What I'm going to try to do today is move the LCAs to the rear of the slot in the DBs. That will cause the bottom of the axle to rotate toward the rear of the vehicle which would cause the pinion angle to reduce a little. Right now I have the LCAs all the way to the front of the slots.

Back