• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coil spring question- spacers?

the I6 will net 0 lift from the GC and the v8's I'm assuming 1". The UpCount's net about 1.5-2. I have reg v8 Zj coils that got me 1" plus adding 1.75 spacers I got about 2.75 in the front. Looks even to my 2.5 RE full AAL in the back. If you had a bumper up front thats going to cause a sag and it's time to buy some new HD coils for whatever your application of lift "s may be. I was thinking about rustys coils when I finally got around to my aftermarket bumper. with a .75 spacer.

The link below are the springs I bought. Sounds like I should just bite the bullet and get OME 930 coils since I have the OME N35 shocks. If I am reading sjx40250 correctly, the extra coil length would be appropriate to prevent overcompression of the coils. In talking with Dirk at DPG, I would not need bumstop adjustment to prevent overcompression of the OME shocks at 2 inches of lift. Others on this board reasoned similarly in a past thread: that since bumpstop adjustment isn't specified with the OME 2 inch lift kit, it shouldn't be necessary.

Thanks for the help everybody. Feel free to correct me you have further disagreements with what I have said in this post.

http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?partID=7918

Just read sjx40250 over. Sounds like I need to do the hockey puck thing regardless of what I do with the coils.

I don't have a winch BTW. I'd guess the front bumper weighs about 75 pounds (custom4x4fabrications). When I do get one it will be one I can slide in and out of my front receiver.

Last edited:
Rod Knee said:
The link below are the springs I bought. Sounds like I should just bite the bullet and get OME 930 coils since I have the OME N35 shocks. If I am reading sjx40250 correctly, the extra coil length would be appropriate to prevent overcompression of the coils. In talking with Dirk at DPG, I would not need bumstop adjustment to prevent overcompression of the OME shocks at 2 inches of lift. Others on this board reasoned similarly in a past thread: that since bumpstop adjustment isn't specified with the OME 2 inch lift kit, it shouldn't be necessary.

Thanks for the help everybody. Feel free to correct me you have further disagreements with what I have said in this post.

http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?partID=7918

on the link you posted, i cant find were it specifies whether the springs are for an I6 or a V8.

Back