• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cant remove hubs...

mcnamaag said:
If you have a old rotor put it back on and hit it. works great.

on that theory mixed with a slide hammer, you can put a rim or a donught spare on, and just put the lugs back on enough turns to catch. Now with a slide hammer action pull till the bastard moves. Its a tight grip on them spline shafts by the dif for a reason!

SeansBlueXJ said:
on that theory mixed with a slide hammer, you can put a rim or a donught spare on, and just put the lugs back on enough turns to catch. Now with a slide hammer action pull till the bastard moves. Its a tight grip on them spline shafts by the dif for a reason!

Thats what I ment sorry.

I used to just turn the wheel with the bolts sticking out and a small peice of pipe in there, the pipe'd hit the knuckle and force everything out super simple and super fast. I found this out from quite a few wrangler guys....guess they hide all their secrets.

53guy said:
I used to just turn the wheel with the bolts sticking out and a small peice of pipe in there, the pipe'd hit the knuckle and force everything out super simple and super fast. I found this out from quite a few wrangler guys....guess they hide all their secrets.

i did the same thing once out of sheer frustration. i have done it with the hammer and chisel method, with the slide hammer, and with the grade 8 and a hammer routine. but this has become my favorite. the first one i did it on had a ram but it works just fine with a stock power steering setup too.

i keep a set of longer bolts and a chunck of barstock in the same toolkit that i keep the 36mm socket . i find i generally use them together and it makes sense to keep them together.

screw the beating on things...this is the same thing i did, and was so frustrated the hub wouldn't come off, i sent the locker back.

take a old socket, stick it between the hub and the knuckle, and have a friend go turn the wheel. it pushes the hub out of the spindle completely effortlessely

Back