• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can't figure out what to do from here.

Let me do some research and get back with you. Wondering if those would lift it up too much. I'm noticing some drive line vibrations that I didn't notice before the shackle relocators. Coincidence? Drop my tcase or SYE?
I have a used set of Teraflex 1.5" shackles in perfect shape. $70 shipped?

I also MFG our "comp shackles" if your looking to go all out.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Let me do some research and get back with you. Wondering if those would lift it up too much. I'm noticing some drive line vibrations that I didn't notice before the shackle relocators. Coincidence? Drop my tcase or SYE?

Get the lift and shackle angle your after first. Then shim the axle (if needed) to get the correct pinion angle. IMO every Jeep should have a SYE.

Thanks. I'll look into a SYE. Any recommendations? From what I can tell three's a lot to pick from.

That sye looks like the advance adapters kit, which is fine. Don't forget you need a new drive shaft and need to shim the axle or weld newly perches on.
I personally will never buy anything from Rusty's again. Not everyone will agree but I've had great luck with Rubicon express parts.

Ok so with an SYE I'll still need to shim the axel? Still trying to understand and research all of this... I should have just left it alone, it drove great with just the lift before the bumper and shackle relocators. Feel like I just opened a can of worms.

DO NOT buy from Performance Offroad Center. Chances are you'll pay for your stuff and never get your product.

I ordered my SYE from Adam's Driveshaft, nothing fancy, but it fit up great and I had it in about 3 days. Most vendors here could get you setup with what you need, chances are you can use a front XJ driveshaft after the SYE also. I 2nd avoiding Rusty's. Ruffstuff has a nice set of LCA's for about $200, 2" .250 DOM, bushings on axle side and 1.25 rod ends on the other.

Thanks for the help. From everything I've read if I could buy a SYE and use an XJ front driveshaft that would be ideal, any suggestions of vendors on here that could help me out with what I need? I've read you need a 4.5-6" lift to use the XJ front shaft tho and I don't plan on going bigger than 3". So much information out there not enough time.

I really don't know about the actual numbers to use an XJ front shaft, I have 3.5" rear leaves which sit about 4.5 right now. I had to lengthen a front shaft to use on mine, granted I have a 9" so it's a little different, but not much. Not too sure on vendors, I don't spend much time on here anymore, mostly on Pirate. I ordered mine from Adams Driveshaft, I think it was a "Rough trail" which is essentially the same as every other SYE kit. I had it done in about 3-3.5 hours, removing and reinstalling.

http://www.adamsdriveshaftoffroad.com/rough-trail-sye-kit-1/ I've also installed a couple of their JK driveshafts and my buddy has a 1350 series on his stretched CJ, very beefy and great quality.

I used BDS 1.5" shackles, trimmed the brackets after finding my desired location, and had new perches welded to correct pinion angles.
4cb8553af45cd1a8de11405e24c5a5ad.jpg

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

looks good. thanks for the pic. Here's a few pictures of what i'm working with if anyone has any other input. really need to start ordering stuff if i'm going to get it ready for the trip. Don't really want to delay it.

I know the angle isn't perfect so anyone think if i bought 1.5" adjustable shackles and moved them to the middle hole it would help out my angle without lifting it up too much more? I've had no luck finding MJ shackles.

Might try to drop the Tcase a bit or look into shimming my axel but it doesn't look terrible, right?

OK after tons of research i ended up ordering new LCA's from Rusty's against a couple members advice. But they shipped out the same day and i'll have them today to install this weekend. Also ordered the Ruff Trail SYE from Adams driveshaft. LKQ has 40% off this weekend so i'm going to go snag a front drive shaft and have it lengthened/shortened and rebuilt locally. Also going to try to find a 4.10 Ford 8.8 out of an explorer while i'm there to eventually swap in.

Thanks for all the help!

New LCAs are awesome. no more rubbing and much more solid front end.

I received my SYE today but i'm having some doubts. My original plan was to pick up a front driveshaft for $65 and have it modified to fit but i'm thinking about calling Adams and just getting one made. I don't even plan on going bigger than 32's and shouldn't really be putting a lot of stress on it so i'm thinking a front shaft will be just fine but i have the money so any suggestions? Only other thing i want to spend that money on is electric fans and i don't want to do those before the trip.

Thanks for any suggestions.

New LCAs are awesome. no more rubbing and much more solid front end.

I received my SYE today but i'm having some doubts. My original plan was to pick up a front driveshaft for $65 and have it modified to fit but i'm thinking about calling Adams and just getting one made. I don't even plan on going bigger than 32's and shouldn't really be putting a lot of stress on it so i'm thinking a front shaft will be just fine but i have the money so any suggestions? Only other thing i want to spend that money on is electric fans and i don't want to do those before the trip.

Thanks for any suggestions.

I would just have one made if cost isn't an issue. For me personally it's a piece of mind knowing that it's the right part and not a hack. Read up about electric fans. A lot of people ditch the mechanical fan ran electrics and then go back because of issues. I had thought about it but like the fail safe of the mechanical fan. Just side bar but have you swapped out the Tie rod for a ZJ or solid one? If not I would put that at the top of the "needs". A Bent tie rod FN SUCKS! Other idea if you have an auto is getting a rail shifter http://www.radesignsproducts.com/rail-controller.html

I would just have one made if cost isn't an issue. For me personally it's a piece of mind knowing that it's the right part and not a hack. Read up about electric fans. A lot of people ditch the mechanical fan ran electrics and then go back because of issues. I had thought about it but like the fail safe of the mechanical fan. Just side bar but have you swapped out the Tie rod for a ZJ or solid one? If not I would put that at the top of the "needs". A Bent tie rod FN SUCKS! Other idea if you have an auto is getting a rail shifter http://www.radesignsproducts.com/rail-controller.html
Thanks for the advice. I emailed Adams this morning to have them just send me the correct driveshaft. You're right, piece of mind will be worth it. Hopefully they can get shipped out today.

I will definitely check out different tie rods. I wanted to do them when I did my lift but never got around to it. I'll start researching them!

Thanks!

Thanks for the advice. I emailed Adams this morning to have them just send me the correct driveshaft. You're right, piece of mind will be worth it. Hopefully they can get shipped out today.

I will definitely check out different tie rods. I wanted to do them when I did my lift but never got around to it. I'll start researching them!

Thanks!

No worries. Doesn't need to be a fancy one, the stock one on the XJ sucks. Bend it (which doesn't take a lot) and it makes for a LONG crappy day. I got one from IRO that is solid, if you don't want to spend a lot a ZJ one works good too. Mine was about $90 a ZJ is a lot cheaper a works well.

No worries. Doesn't need to be a fancy one, the stock one on the XJ sucks. Bend it (which doesn't take a lot) and it makes for a LONG crappy day. I got one from IRO that is solid, if you don't want to spend a lot a ZJ one works good too. Mine was about $90 a ZJ is a lot cheaper a works well.

What year ZJ fits? Or does it matter? I'm considering an IRO double shear, but if I can save myself $110 by going with the ZJ, it's a no brainer.

Back