• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Calling all Treadwright tire owners!!

I had a set of 235/75/15 muds for a couple months. Liked them enough that i bought the same in 31 x 10.5. I got 35k out of my front 31s and 28k out of my rears. I'm not good at remembering to rotate. they seem to last as long as any other mud tire that is used as intended.

I have a set of the "guard dogs" now and they are quieter, but its easier to take chunks out cause the lugs are tall and tin.

my friend got 33x12.5s and one came with a bubble in the tread. treadwright replaced it free and paid shipping bothways. so they stand behind their stuff

Have had the 235/75r15 OTRs (don't know what they call them now) for about a full year now (approx. 30k). Love them. They are LOUD, otherwise pretty good. Only complaint, aside from being LOUD is they are terrible in the rain. Always attributed it to the lack of siping, but i think it was just my weight/tire combo.

Had a buddy with the 31x10.5r15 on a ZR2 S10 p/u, same tread, still loud but had no trouble in the rain. He loved them.

Had another buddy with a Titan, whatever the 33" metric equivalent is, on 17"s. HOLY HELL ARE THEY LOUD, even at low speeds, yet that truck is unstoppable. He had the slightly more aggressive tread they had back then, and w their "green diamond" glass additive, we felt the green diamond stuff didn't really help.

I still love mine. Even with only 1/4" of tread left the lil XJ is unstoppable in the nearly 1' of snow we just got. Planning on getting the 31" MTGs but still waiting to hear on how loud they are..

I really want a set of 33's for my expedition trailer but they are discontinued. The price for the 31's makes them pretty attractive as well.

Any body know of any place else that offers large retreads?

I was looking for 32s or 33s also, I ended up picking up a set of 285/75r16s (about 32.8x11.2 inches) for $550 or so shipped to my door. Gotta get new rims to fit them, but I needed new rims with less backspacing due to the 8.8 swap I'm doing in the near future anyways.

do a search on Pirate4x4.com
lots of reviews on there. I'm planning on getting them after the holidays

stone tire also makes 31 and 33" retreads in a pattern quite similar to the OTR or whatever treadwright calls it now. treadwrights in 31" have 3 rows of center treads / 5 rows total. the stone tire retreads only have 3 so bigger blocks and voids. Their website isn't doing what its supposed to for me lately but it may just be me. IIRC their prices are almost identical.

http://www.stonetire.com/

Have had the 235/75r15 OTRs (don't know what they call them now) for about a full year now (approx. 30k). Love them. They are LOUD, otherwise pretty good. Only complaint, aside from being LOUD is they are terrible in the rain. Always attributed it to the lack of siping, but i think it was just my weight/tire combo.

I agree they are Loud but never once Did I have a problem in the rain with them.

im looking at getting teir 30x9.50x15 muds the outer diameter is 30.7 wouldnt that count as a 31 and has anyone run these?

im looking at getting teir 30x9.50x15 muds the outer diameter is 30.7 wouldnt that count as a 31 and has anyone run these?

I have run those for the last 2.5 years and have got about 40k on them and they are starting to get pretty worn. My brother just got a set of 31" ats from them and they are on the bfg at carcass. I thought he bought the bfgs.

haha ok cool once i get a lil more money im making a bastard pack gettin the muds and zj coils and sum 15x8 cragars i just wanted sum cheap tires tht will last a decent amount of time

Reading through the Treadwright site I noticed that while they have a warranty it doesn't apply to certain sizes, like 33x12.5R15. Also, if you run the tire aired down regardless of size, they will not honor the warranty.

Not necessarily a deal breaker but worth keeping in mind.

Reading through the Treadwright site I noticed that while they have a warranty it doesn't apply to certain sizes, like 33x12.5R15. Also, if you run the tire aired down regardless of size, they will not honor the warranty.

Not necessarily a deal breaker but worth keeping in mind.

I ran mine aired down several times and never had a problem. Also finding them in 33x12.5x15 is really hard from what I hear.

Not having a problem isn't the same as not having a warranty. I like the price, but having worked in a Bandag shop, recaps still make me nervous, despite all the good reviews I read on here. I may take the plunge this spring- can't find 30s used around here.

Back