• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Burn Me? I want 20" rims on my cherokee!!!

KinesthesiaDrums and JeepinAudiophile,

The black XJ with 4.5" lift and 20" rims is NOT mine. It was an XJ on CarDomain that was just recently sold. I posted those pictures to give JeepinAudiophile an example of what 20's would look like on an XJ.

If you guys read my post, I said that I personally wouldnt of gone with 20" rims... but I guess JeepinAudiophile you have a legit reason. Your money and your Jeep so do what you like.

I would not go any bigger than 17" or 18"... as I already went with the 17"

275689_255_full.jpg

275689_268_full.jpg

It doesn't make sense to me to mix big wheels with lifts and brush guards. I think if you are going to build up a rig you need to make up your mind about what you want. I run 17" wheels with my snow tires but, on stock ford wheels. Don't get me wrong Ghetto I like your jeep I just think it would look cleaner without the brush guard and tail light guards.

I definatley think the big rim/big tire set up is hot. Never saw it on a jeep, but with the right set of wheels, it can really look nice. I'd say something with 5 or 6-/8 spokes with a decent lip would look nice with a set of big ol "off-road looking" tires. Definately would be nice to see a tasteful XJ done like that at a show ;-)

IMO 20's and cherokees dont mix. the rims just dont look right on cherokees. ive seen a few around where i live and i wish i could just put the jeep out of its missery. BUT if you were going to lift your jeep with a big old lift and run the 20's with a set of pro comp x terrains 40x13.5R20 on there i think it would be sick.

Ghetto2315 said:
KinesthesiaDrums and JeepinAudiophile,

The black XJ with 4.5" lift and 20" rims is NOT mine. It was an XJ on CarDomain that was just recently sold. I posted those pictures to give JeepinAudiophile an example of what 20's would look like on an XJ.

If you guys read my post, I said that I personally wouldnt of gone with 20" rims... but I guess JeepinAudiophile you have a legit reason. Your money and your Jeep so do what you like.

I would not go any bigger than 17" or 18"... as I already went with the 17"

275689_255_full.jpg

275689_268_full.jpg

Why am I thinking...the guy COULDN'T afford the RANGE ROVER he wanted?

I saw a TLC FJ62 once with w/ 20" steel wheels and some kind of a Michelin mili-style thread. Looked pretty cool.

r@m

CW said:
:rolleyes:
Do a search for xjguy before you do buisness with him. Not the most reliable and knowleadgable source.

CW I lack to clarify a thing

1.- I am new in the community and I like my user name it indicates I live in Venezuela
2.- The reason of the link that I places is for the pictures of the lowered XJ that appear there, since many say that Xj cannot be lowered or place a big wheels and indeed it is not completely certain, on the other hand it is the only one it web in Internet that I have found that they show images of lowered XJ and with big wheels.

But in all ways I accept your suggestion and your comment should have some reason, I wait that it serves for other,

I have a XJ '99, 4x4, manual with 4.0 engine (model in Venezuela) and I have it without modification, but i has always been interested to place them big wheels, but I don't like for anything the remaining separation between the chassis and the tire, since the measure but big that is gotten and the commercial they are those of 17” but there is that a tire of low profile you cannot be placed since it is not beautiful (for my taste)

If I possess some error in which I have written they excuse me, but I don't speak English and I use a translator.

Root Moose said:
I saw a TLC FJ62 once with w/ 20" steel wheels and some kind of a Michelin mili-style thread. Looked pretty cool.

I should add, the 20" military tread Michelin was at least a 34" OD tire. :)

A slammed FJ62 - now that would be goofy lookin'!

r@m

Back