• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Breakage, not what you think though

Dang. I wish I didn't have two brand - new uninstalled '88 rotors sitting there. Oh well.

Lucas said:
I put in the shafts and hubs from a 96 into my 93 and everything seems to be working fine. When/how is it gonna blow up on me?

I am not real clear, but I think it's 90+ went to a different hub & rotor... or maybe it was 90-96, then 97+ that were also different. Check with a parts store for which #s work for what year.

As for when it'll blow up on ya is up to you :) If it was gonna be soon, it'd shown up during the reassembly with the rotor & pads in a misaligned bind.

For the record, I have never been able to get those 36mm nuts off without an impact gun. An impact works way better than trying to use a breaker bar.

Jes

Well, I must confess that my air wrench is from Harbor Freight, so it's not like it's the ultimate in heavy duty. But, it's supposedly rated at 225 ft lbs of torque, seems like that should be enough.

Jes said:
Isn't the torque spec on the 36mm nut 225ft lbs.?

You may be right, I never checked my manual on it. If that's the case, well, that would explain a few things. But dang, 225? That's on there.

Funny though, the other side came off pretty easy. Felt like only 220.

Yeah, 1000 ft lbs of torque. That does give a new meaning to the term nut-busting.

Back