• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brake line extention quality

condonsation

NAXJA Forum User
So I was testing my suspension this weekend and looks like I need front brake line extension. So my question is, rough country is the cheapest and I understand you get what you pay for but aren't all brakes lines just brake lines? I have a run this Halloween at Ocotillo and need some, so if you got em I'd love to buy them off you.
48b7afd5-508e-4bb3-8e6a-087411c26127_zpstmmejj6z.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

How much lift you have? 1996ish Chevy C1500 front brake lines work good for 6 inch lift.

The low cost / quality steel braided lines are ok. Just have to be very careful not to let a caliper hang by them, or let the caliper fall while off and attached, as either can and likely will, pull the line out of the swedged crimp fitting at the end.

A OE brake line is strong enough that it will, and typically does, hold the front axle weight up, when not long enough.

Back