• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bountiful Ridge Trail Run

I went up on Skyline today (Sunday 20th) and played around a bit. I really need to get back up there with someone that knows where all the good stuff is because I couldn't find any good rock crawling spots. I did however find some very steep loose hill climbs. One got a little scary and off camber midway up with no turn around it site. :eek:
Anyways the thing that pissed me off was that after driving the road in from the "B", the Farmington side was closed due to the fire. What fire? That thing had been out now for more than just several days. We had to drive all the way back out to Bountiful after a long day of bouncing around.
Hopefully one of these days we can do a Sunday trail run???

I will agree with joe on the 2 points that he made, but i did have fun dealing with the "rock". had a way good time can't wait to do it again. Hope to see you all again in the future.

Jerm S.

I was able to get all of the pics loaded that night. Glad you enjoy them.

ACE said:
Weren't really enough members there to discuss starting a Utah Chapter, unfortunately.

Everyone who is not a NAXJA member yet, and is interested in being involved in this Utah Chapter formation buisness, consider yourself encouraged to send some dues in to NAXJA asap so you can support us and be eligible to participate in chapter formation! Then we will be one step closer. I think we have a great group of folks coming out to the unofficial runs, I'm impressesd with how popular these runs have been from the start, we just sprung up out of the sagebrush like a startled jack rabbit.

JEEPZZ said:
I went up on Skyline today (Sunday 20th) and played around a bit. I really need to get back up there with someone that knows where all the good stuff is because I couldn't find any good rock crawling spots. I did however find some very steep loose hill climbs. One got a little scary and off camber midway up with no turn around it site. :eek:
Anyways the thing that pissed me off was that after driving the road in from the "B", the Farmington side was closed due to the fire. What fire? That thing had been out now for more than just several days. We had to drive all the way back out to Bountiful after a long day of bouncing around.
Hopefully one of these days we can do a Sunday trail run???
Remember, after a fire an area will remain closed for a long time due to erosion and re-seeding.

I'm with JEEPZZ on doing a Sunday trail run if anyone else is interested. Saturdays are difficult with work conflicts for both of us. We'd sure like to hook up with you guys.
Anyone interested?

Let's go somewhere this Sunday! Where to? Mineral Basin? Little Moab? I've really been wanting to try out, Rattlesnake and Constritor out west of Lehi!!!!!!

utahxjer said:
Let's go somewhere this Sunday! Where to? Mineral Basin? Little Moab? I've really been wanting to try out, Rattlesnake and Constritor out west of Lehi!!!!!!

Bring a winch and prepare for body damage.

So have you been there? Cause I saw a pic of a nissan truck w/ 33's that went through just fine he said? I thought it was (Rattlesnake) a trail where you picked how hard you wanna make it?

utahxjer said:
So have you been there? Cause I saw a pic of a nissan truck w/ 33's that went through just fine he said? I thought it was (Rattlesnake) a trail where you picked how hard you wanna make it?

Rattlesnake--pretty easy---3-3.5 on the moab scale

Constrictor---bring a winch, spare parts and expect XJ body damage---UROC competitors like this trail.....

mbryson said:
Rattlesnake--pretty easy---3-3.5 on the moab scale

Constrictor---bring a winch, spare parts and expect XJ body damage---UROC competitors like this trail.....

I did Constrictor last week, the only body damage I had was from Rattlesnake when I slipped off a boulder. Getting winched up the eagles nest was fun;) You should be able to make it up Constrictor utahxjer. Or you can always hitch a ride to see what it's like.

Are you going soon Waynexj? Some guys on RME are going on Sunday, I might go as well, I might just end up doing Rattlesnake, anybody wanna go?

Awesome! Do you know where the Chevron at the crossroads is? We're meeting there at 10 am Sunday. I'll give directions if you don't know where it is?

Rattlesnake and Constrictor were great! Constrictor was hairy! Bigjoe and I just watched that one. But a few other xj's did Rattlesnake w/31's and open diffs, so let's get a NAXJA run out there sometime!

Had a good time on rattlesnake and enjoyed watching the boys trying to climb the waterfall on constrictor. We need to get some more Sunday trail rides planned.

Back