• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

best place to buy a clutch kit

projectTK

NAXJA Forum User
as it states... 89xj 4.0l 5spd. peugot pos. It started when i loss all pedal feel then there was the all famous leak at the bottom of the bell housing. Internal slave took a shit. Damnit. So i drop the tranny and tc. Now i look at the flywheel and clutch. The clutch is shot and the flywheel and pressure plate have cracks and scratches. But this is stock pieces and it has over 300,000 miles. So im doing it all. New flywheel(since i heard u cannot resurface cause of clutch adjustment), new clutch kit and internal slave. So any advice on wear i purchase my all this? last resort is autozone. Need it by next sat or sun.

I did the Autozone Hyd throwout. Centerforce 2 Clutch.
Happy with both.

how much is the centerforce 2 compared to the stock replacement if i may ask? is it really worth the money to get a better then stock replacement? all i plan on doin in the future is 456 gears and 33's

projectTK said:
as it states... 89xj 4.0l 5spd. peugot pos. It started when i loss all pedal feel then there was the all famous leak at the bottom of the bell housing. Internal slave took a shit. Damnit. So i drop the tranny and tc. Now i look at the flywheel and clutch. The clutch is shot and the flywheel and pressure plate have cracks and scratches. But this is stock pieces and it has over 300,000 miles. So im doing it all. New flywheel(since i heard u cannot resurface cause of clutch adjustment), new clutch kit and internal slave. So any advice on wear i purchase my all this? last resort is autozone. Need it by next sat or sun.

I only have experience with the AX15 trannys but have had very good luck with the OEM Mopar clutch kits/parts.
Just an FYI, it's very important to use the proper brake fluid in the hydraulic system.

I got a LUK kit off ebay that came with a slave cylinder think it was 200 shipped

I've installed a couple of luk's with good luck.

OEM clutches go 2 to 3 hundred thousand miles. Is there any reason to look at "upgrades" ?

looks like um picking up a duralast 200$ and 53.99$ flywheel. The clutch kit comes with the internal slave. We will c how it works out

Autozone used to sell Luk way back, but since have replaced it with the Duralast. You might get lucky and find some old stock Luk they have lying around... They also offer their lifetime warranty on their clutches for some added reassurance. I would go with a centerforce if you got the extra cash though, can't go wrong there.

Back