• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix AW4 to external AX15

XJ-Mayhem

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Before I hit order on this list I was hoping to get it double checked to make sure I have everything covered.

I’m putting an external slave ax15 from a 1995 into my 1990 Renix that came with an AW4. I’m not worried about transfer case or linkage, I’m going with a doubler and cable shifter.
I’m looking to confirm the engine side is covered by this.

I can’t find bolts on rock auto, anyone have a part number for the flywheel bolts? I think I can use grade 8 for everything else.

- Dorman pilot bushing from cj with 0.754 ID and 1.057 OD
- Luk clutch kit with pressure plate, clutch disk, release bearing
- Luk flywheel for a 95
- Timken input shaft seal
- AMS master and slave assembly

Perfect thanks. I was going to turn to arp but didn’t know they had a specific part number already.

I guess I need to swap the CPS to a Renix one too.

Add a manual TPS to that list... what else am I missing? I'm not quite sure in the seal department, is there anything else I need to change on the back of the block when going from flex plate to flywheel?

Here's the updated list:
- Dorman pilot bushing from cj with 0.754 ID and 1.057 OD
- Luk clutch kit with pressure plate, clutch disk, release bearing
- Luk flywheel for a 95
- Timken input shaft seal
- AMS master and slave assembly
- ARP flywheel bolts
- Renix CPS / new or swap existing from AW4 tbd on brand
- Renix manual TPS tbd on brand

Also, just cuz I haven't explicitly stated it, I have the trans already which has the clutch fork in it. I also have the pedal assembly from the 95. I have the shift boot.

Items which come to mind which you have not mentioned:

Bell housing (guessing you already have this since you have a clutch fork, but just to be explicit)
Bell housing cover plate (aluminum plate that goes between block and bellhousing)
Manual trans crossmember

Also plan to need driveshafts of different lengths from what you are now running
T-case may be another matter to consider. Input splines and spline depths vary. Confirm what you currently have and then compare to what you need for the AX-15.

Good points, yes I do have the bell housing and cover plate, forgot about that.

I’ll be running a NWF ecobox-I under drive coupled to a Dana 300 with 1310 outputs. Once it’s in I am hoping I can reuse stock front cv shafts for both front and rear for simplicity, but we’ll see. Cross member will be aftermarket.

I see there’s different part numbers for a 90 flywheel and a 95 flywheel, which do I want to use?

Back