• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Barnwell Campsite

I see I am not the only history channel nerd. Another thread successfully derailed.

Umm... yeah... Camp site.

I say we look for something on top of the mountain with alot of tree cover.

Yeah, and I say once we get approval, we just build a bunkhouse, instead of a pavilion. LOL I wonder if they would let us just move like a portable building out there?

If we build a bunkhouse.. We will never get to stay there... unless someone gets there a day early and keep people out of it.

The Bunkhouse would stay locked up when we weren't there of course. It would also be cool if we could rent it out or something when we weren't going to be there. LOL

I am sure if I fart, that would sound like a lawsuit to you too.

Umm... yeah... Camp site.

I say we look for something on top of the mountain with alot of tree cover.

That sounds gay. lol. Trying to keep something a secret from everybody else ehh?

How did you come up with that?

Man.. you need to stay in the loop or WAY out of it.

If we build a bunkhouse.. We will never get to stay there... unless someone gets there a day early and keep people out of it.

I can keep them out. lol. I can get there a day early too. It's only like an hour fifteen from my place.

I am relaxed... Franky told me too.

lol

Some thing to think about is to check and see if there is a camp already that does not have a sponsoring club. I think Old Camp does not have one and maybe others as well

Old camp would be a nice place to set up shop, but then everytime we wanted to use it we would have to compete with the LSJC guys, I know they use it alot when they are down there. Usually there are too many of them for LSJC camp alone, and their overflow goes to Old Camp.

Old camp would be a nice place to set up shop, but then everytime we wanted to use it we would have to compete with the LSJC guys, I know they use it alot when they are down there. Usually there are too many of them for LSJC camp alone, and their overflow goes to Old Camp.

To put it bluntly, if we officially take over old camp, then the LSJC overflow can piss off. But I don't think it would come to that...if old camp gets re-tagged as belonging to NAXJA, I expect they'd avoid using it in the same way that we don't take over the LSJC camp when we go.

True, and it's probably not often that both parties would be trying to use the camp at the same time. We should contact the office, and see if it is currently available. Then we can possibly build a pavillion, and we can discuss the Bunkhouse later. LOL

True, and it's probably not often that both parties would be trying to use the camp at the same time. We should contact the office, and see if it is currently available. Then we can possibly build a pavillion, and we can discuss the Bunkhouse later. LOL

Well, we've discussed old-camp as a possibility before, but there was some concern about the flooding problems it has. Personally, I think it's pretty much ideal for our needs, and it already has a pretty nice little pavilion on it. With a bit of elbow grease (and maybe a bit of scrap lumber) we could have it up to snuff pretty quick.

The other negative I've heard is that because it's down a hill, it's not quite as ideal for trailers as those folks would have to park up at the pavilion area and use their rigs to access the camp.

I am fine with parking my tow rig up front. Don't see why that would be too big of a problem.

Back