• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AW4 Question

Sorry I did not read all of your post. I would disconnect the tcu cable so that you can bypass all the solenoids and control the tranny manually by moving the gear selector to the desired gear. To rule out the cable, take the cable out and shift the linkage manually, you can feel each gear position as you move the linkage.

[FONT=&quot]Ok so I ruled out the cable by lifting the jeep up on jack stands and started the jeep. Started the jeep and shifted it into drive with the cable still connected. Right rear tire spun a little then stopped. Disconnected the cable and tried shifting it by hand and still nothing. Pulled the pan off and the whole pan was coated with fluid and gunk the consistency of pudding. So I plan on new filter, fluid, and gasket. What do you guys suggest to spray up in there to help flush out the valve body?[/FONT]

Just wipe everything down fill back up with trans fluid and try to flush the last of the old fluid out by disconnecting the tranny cooler line and run the engine until you catch about 2 quarts of oil, then refill with 2 quarts and keep doing this until the fluid becomes clean. There is no way a cleaner will clean out the valve body without taking it apart. If you are lucky it will move again.

Back