• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Auto Shifter Stuck

jrowell

NAXJA Forum User
Coming down a trail yesterday, shifting into gear the shifter button felt a little funky and I had to use a little more than normal force to get it into drive. From there it is stuck. I can go from drive to N. The button will not push in AND the ignition lock will not easily move to the off position to release they key.

I have popped the T-handle off the shifter and the white plastic piece is not broken.

I have tore down the steering column and I don't see anything broke or jammed.
The wire going down the column seems to move ok. What else could be keeping the shifter button locked?

Have you tried pressing the white plastic piece in the shifter with out the handle on? Resistance? Disco the interlock lock out linkage at the shifter, see if that helps. It doesn't hurt anything if it is disco'd.

Re: Auto Shifter Stuck (Solved)

Well, figured it out. Turns out a small bolt I had sitting in the Coin holder fell through the auto shifter slot and settled directly below the shifter. That was not allowing the shift lock to press down and unlock the shifter. Dumb... unfortunately I disassembled my steering column before I spotted the bolt.

blah. now I have to put the puzzle back together.

Back