• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

August 16th Expressway Workparty

Can we do a head count now? Tomorrow is for our first work party. So I'm in!
And if we have a lot of people and rigs going we could split into two groups and come in from both sides of express way.

Just throwing it out there...I plan to be at the Joes in the AM, I'll put it out there ahead of time I dont know where I'm going...so yeah.

I'll be in my white '89 with 3" lift and 31's.

Muddy Beast said:
Just throwing it out there...I plan to be at the Joes in the AM, I'll put it out there ahead of time I dont know where I'm going...so yeah.

I'll be in my white '89 with 3" lift and 31's.

That's good. Somebody will meet you there. I hope....

I'm heading straight to WV to unload the heep. So I'll be ready when you guys show up.

Sounds good Alex.
I'll be bringing up a friend of mine from Scouts to lend a hand. I also have a post shovel, a pick, and 2 regular shovels.

~Scott

Blkxjkrawler said:
Well, that didnt exactly go as planned.:D
Although we did get some good work in.
-Ryan

Hah...yeah, some. I never once touched any of my tools, not even my hatchet which apparently was being used.

:roll:

Thank you very much to everyone who assisted!!

We posted 149 hours of work!
We got the basic bypass created.
We got the retaining wall on the outside edge all up.
We picked up trash on Expressway and Upper Mainline.
We verified all of the bypasses that needed to be cut off.
And all of the drainage issues have been created to help divert water from the trail.

A couple of notes:
1. The excavator did most of the work, and was invaluable (we got way more work done than I expeted due to this).
2. The amount of garbage on the trails looks like it has radically decreased since our first trail clean up (several months ago now). I hope this continues, and the little we do each time we are up there shows really well.
3. We do need to do some more work on the bypass in the near future includeing quary spall? Crushed Rock on the surface (I will be working with Elyse on this and scheduleing soon).

Thanks again for all of the assistance guys.
Michael

Any time Michael! I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say we were happy to help.

~Scott

sorry I didn't make it guys, I had a few issues going on. One being my best friend is out of the army so I had to go over to his house. The other stuff being technical stuff with the jeep.

Back