• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

August 16th Expressway Workparty

Ba-Riedo said:
K so were going to have it sometime this year, beyond that you have lost me Michael.:sure:
-Alex
Muddy Beast said:
OK good! Sometimes the boss wants a year plus notice, so just making sure!

You guys are just toying with me right? The date is in the TITLE!! It has been since the first post!! :speepin:

We are all clear on the date now right?

Michael

2xtreme said:
You guys are just toying with me right? The date is in the TITLE!! It has been since the first post!! :speepin:

We are all clear on the date now right?

Michael

Well I dont look in the title when I look for a date, I look in the post! :roll:

I'll see if my boss can give me that day off.

well, I'm not sure what date this is supposed to happen, but I can make it if the work day is the 16th of August. ;)

-Jeremy

IXNAYXJ said:
What year? Christ you guys are vague!

-----Matt-----

And what TIME, but my thoughts exactly! :flame:

Well, you know I'm in. Just post up the time (in 24hr), date (month 1st), and the year (starting from 324bc) and I'll be there.

I'm 90% sure I can go.

I'm planning on it.

Hopefully my sliders will be on by then...assuming they've shipped already.

Time to meet and directions would be appreciated.

Is any one going to start a head count????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
AND WHAT TIME IS THIS THING GOING TO START.:D :laugh:

Sorry guys.

Unfortunatly I still don't have a real update from the DNR so I don't really know what the day will have in store for us yet but I do know that we will have LOTS of work to do.

Lets Meet at the Walker Valley ORV area main parking lot at 9:00AM ready to leave (already aired down and ready to go). Or if you want to meet at the Joes (FKA GI Joes) in Mt Vernon on College Way then lets plan on meeting there before 8:15AM and leaving the parking lot at 8:15AM. I will meet anyone there that wants to convoy in from there.

What we need to plan on and bring:
1. It should be HOT (bring plenty of water and sun protection).
2. Full length shovels (several if you have them).
3. Picks or other item for digging in very rocky dirt.
4. Working winch if available (we will need several people with winches to bring logs up the bank).
5. Bring plenty of snacks and lunch and more water (we will be working hard and you will need the energy)
6. Having fun!!
7. DO NOT BRING A CHAINSAW (I will have 1 with me if we need it)

Directions to Joes:
Take I-5 North to Mt. Vernon.
Exit Hwy 538/E. College Way (East or Right)
Joes is immediately on your right.
Plan on leaving the parking lot there by 8:15AM

Directions to Walker Valley ORV Area:
Follow Hwy 538/E. College Way East to HWY 9.
Turn South/Right on Hwy 9.
Take a Left at Walker Valley Rd. (Fire station on corner).
Follow Walker Valley ORV signs from here (just 1 right turn if I remember correctly).

PM me if you want my cell number to call.

Michael

Michael, think my rig can go on the trails with everyone else?

I dont want to cause any problems, but I would like to wheel to the locations like everyone else.

~Scott

P.S. I may or may not have sliders on by then, depends on when they show up.

Muddy Beast said:
Michael, think my rig can go on the trails with everyone else?

I dont want to cause any problems, but I would like to wheel to the locations like everyone else.

~Scott

P.S. I may or may not have sliders on by then, depends on when they show up.

A stock rig can make it all the way to the section that we will be working on. Getting through the section where we will be working (and further above) might take a little more challenge but not an issue that can't be overcome with winching and time. With 3" of lift and rock sliders I don't have any issues with people on all sections of these trails (not easy but doable without damage). With 3" and no rock sliders it is really up to you and the damage that you might have to withstand if you want to do all of the trails. I will also have plenty of room if you want to ride with me as an option also.

Michael

Thanks Michael for the reply...

I suppose I'll deside when we get there...I dont mind some damage, as long as my rockers arn't banged up super bad. (defies the point of having my sliders come this week)

See ya there none the less, shovel in hand.

~Scott

Note to all .
The lower main line will probably still be closed do to this
walkerBill022.jpg

walkerBill021.jpg

I walked up what used to be the trail about 25 or 30 yards and well found no trail .
So after the work party we might want of think of some other trails to run before we come back down.
Duane

okeedokee said:
Note to all .
The lower main line will probably still be closed do to this
I walked up what used to be the trail about 25 or 30 yards and well found no trail .Duane

Thanks Duane for the info. I was not aware.
Can you please explain to me where this is?
Can we still get up to the bottom of Expressway or do we need to go the long way around through Lower Mainline? or the other lower gate?

Thanks,
Michael

Back