• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

attn* re-geared 5 speed owners

If gas mileage is your biggest concern and you plan on driving over 65, then get 4.10's, otherwise go with 4.56's for the 33's.

35's with 4..88's. In hindsight, I should have gone 5.13's..

so gas mileage for 33s i should get 4.10s, otherwise 4.56s? I just drove my boss's YJ on 37s.. ohhh myy goddd... thing was sick, he had an exhaust on it and geared down but he had it regeared to right about what stock would have been. I loved it so i think that stockish might be the way to go for me (i mean 4.10s as opposed to 4.56s). I need the extra MPGs. Looks like 4.10s it is!

try going here, and playing around some on your own.

http://www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html

I guess if you plan on driving over 75mph the 4.10's make sense, personally, I'd go no lower than 4.56's with 33's... preferably 4.88's... But, I'm also content driving 65-70mph on the highway.
How much highway driving do you do?

I'm getting ~20mpg city driving with 4.56's and 31's... have never checked hwy as, the only time I'm on the highway for any length of time is to get to a trail head.

Mike H. said:
I guess if you plan on driving over 75mph

It doesn't really matter what gears you have, the gas milage is going to suck with any gear ratio. The XJ has the aerodynamic properties of a toaster.

Back