• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone seen thes pics???

thats some serious S%^T there... very suprising that it didnt stay upside down , most likely a flat hull tug too!! we rolled our 44' motor lifeboat when i was in the coast guard..( the ones you see on the discovery channel jumping waves on the columbia river bar...) broke my nose and 2 fingers.. its a whole new perspective when you are upsidedown in the water.... mike

I have been across that bar many times...and hated it every time. I have seen the coast guard out there "practicing" there rollovers, that is crazy stuff. It is always makes me nervous when the current is running so strong in two directions that you can feel the hull of the boat twisting under your feet. The best is when you are out there in a good size boat taking a beating cuz the water is rougher than hell, and there is two long haired guys in a 12 foot smokercraft boat with a 30 horse outboard fishing away. Just them, there 2 cases of beer and a dog, (there is always a dog for some reason).:confused:

the dog is usually the only one who you pull out of the water alive...
and for the record.. they dont practice rolling over.. it's learning NOT too thats the trick...
mike

It's a great sequence. But be warned - before you go to the "full story" page, make sure your virus program is up and running! The site will try to hijack your browser and install some kind of junk on your computer.

Back