• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone know about this bumper?

unrealtrip said:
Everyone talks about the factory mounts as being too weak for recovery and I agree, however I have yet to see a bumper using just those three torn from the unibody frame.

Can anyone actually post a picture of this?

This is a picture I saved from some time ago. Don't know who's jeep it was, but they were using some company's tow hook brackets that only bolted to the stock three holes. I'll see if I can find the close up pictures, but it ripped right out of the unibody.

Bad_Hook_Brackets.jpg

If you get just the little angle bracket that backs the two front mount holes and bolts to two more spots on the front face of the core support, you gain alot of strength right there alone. then your bumper isn't bolted into the threaded inserts anymore either.

ok, I'm starting to get some ideas... at the very least I can probably shim out the back bolt of the dring brackets and wedge the bumper mounts inside the brackets.

anyone have pics of something like this?

mellowvision said:
ok, I'm starting to get some ideas... at the very least I can probably shim out the back bolt of the dring brackets and wedge the bumper mounts inside the brackets.

anyone have pics of something like this?

Just keep in mind that the brackets are 3/16" thick and aren't going to flex much for you. When we built them, the brackets are spread far enough apart just enough to slide up to the mount holes snug. There arent any gaps, they fit flush with the rails. Your better bet is to use a tie-in bracket that you can bolt over the bumper mounts.

I'm thinking I can just put the bumper mounts up flush to the unibody, and then bolt the dring brackets to the outside of the bumper mounts, using the same bolt holes straight through, and using a 3/16" washer to space out the back of the dring brackets the same amount...

shouldn't this work?

i bought that warrior bumper but the one with brush bars and its nice paid 210 shiped, from them, fits pefect looks great, cant beleave the price,
when i installed it i was able to use the unichasi extention brackets from the factory with the tow points with no problem

So have the brackets been made yet?
Something else maybe you guys could answer for me, I have my tow hooks in front. when the bumper is installed, will it leave me access to my tow hooks(My tow hooks are from Rusty's)?
-Matt

dont know how those but thefactory ones fit right on top of the bumber bracket and bolted with the same bolts

Does anyone make a winch bumper like most of these that DOES NOT get smaller at the ends AND has the wrap around to replace the factory end caps ?

I need a sturdy winch bumper, but do not like the way these let you see so much of the underbody, especially at the ends. I am not using this for rockcrawling, but for hunting. I'd orefer it to look as close to stock as possible.

Nate's would be great, if it had endcap wings for the earlier models.

Same goes for the rear bumper.

the only ones I have seen that look like I want them to are the warn ones, and they are too pricey, and the rear is 3 piece.

dabeersboys said:
So have the brackets been made yet?
Something else maybe you guys could answer for me, I have my tow hooks in front. when the bumper is installed, will it leave me access to my tow hooks(My tow hooks are from Rusty's)?
-Matt

no brackets made yet...we're working on adding staff and catching up right now, so they're kind of back burner for the time being.

This bumper doesn't affect tow hooks that sit below the factory bumper, your rusty's hooks should work fine, and if you use their brackets, you don't really need to worry about our future tie-in brackets, the tow hook brackets will do the job.

here is a jeep with a basic towhook set under it only with d-ring hooks instead

deer008.jpg

Jason-RJR said:
560, 561, 56050, and 56051 all mount to the 3 frame holes. The bumper really isn't intended as much more than vehicle dress-up

Don't worry you're not bagging on me, I build websites.

hello? I stand by my first post

Back