• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone know about this bumper?

AJsArmor said:
Wait a sec here....in another post you said that there are models with d-ring mounts. Are these models still mounted in this same fashion? I certainly hope not because that's just flat out irresponsible to manufacture. It would be no different than me making 2" receiver hitches that only bolt to the rear crossmember in the factory bumper holes, it's inadequate pure and simple. I don't mean to bag on ya, I just cannot stand people building stuff as "professionals" that is not suitable for what it's intended.

560, 561, 56050, and 56051 all mount to the 3 frame holes. The bumper really isn't intended as much more than vehicle dress-up

Don't worry you're not bagging on me, I build websites.

Jason-RJR said:
560, 561, 56050, and 56051 all mount to the 3 frame holes. The bumper really isn't intended as much more than vehicle dress-up

Thats what i thought, I bumper that is mostly for looks rather than function. But thanks for the info.

Jason-RJR said:

Don't worry you're not bagging on me, I build websites.

I'd like someone to explain to me the reasoning behind that one. Doesn't matter to me what they do in terms of a normal bumper, but once you put a recovery point on something...totally different. People are trusting in the manufacture that the bumper is made to be functional with the recovery points. Oh well, I'm just old fashioned a bit in that I believe it's wrong to make a buck by misleading people.

AJsArmor said:
I'd like someone to explain to me the reasoning behind that one. Doesn't matter to me what they do in terms of a normal bumper, but once you put a recovery point on something...totally different. People are trusting in the manufacture that the bumper is made to be functional with the recovery points. Oh well, I'm just old fashioned a bit in that I believe it's wrong to make a buck by misleading people.
Your also mis-leading your fellow 4-wheelers!

RCP Phx said:
Your also mis-leading your fellow 4-wheelers!

How's that? Everything I build with recovery points is ready and capable of doing so without having to add anything extra. I don't build any product "just for looks" it serves a function. How do you figure I'm misleading people????

AJsArmor - I can't seem to pull up any of your front bumpers on your website. Should I assume you're transitioning to a new site and they're not up yet? Surely you still sell front bumpers.

I've got a friend who is a fabricator/welder at Warrior. I'll call him tonight and ask about how the bumper mounts. I have seen a Warrior rear bumper on a CJ and it looked really nice for the money.

AJsArmor said:
How's that? Everything I build with recovery points is ready and capable of doing so without having to add anything extra. I don't build any product "just for looks" it serves a function. How do you figure I'm misleading people????
AJ, correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think RCP Phx was agreeing with you, and saying that Warrior is misleading people.

carmike692000 said:
AJsArmor - I can't seem to pull up any of your front bumpers on your website. Should I assume you're transitioning to a new site and they're not up yet? Surely you still sell front bumpers.

Yup, we're working on the new site and just don't have them up yet. That rumor about me not building bumpers is NOT true, still making them. I've just been emailing pics to people as they ask about them. Guess I could just post up a few on my forum for now.

I apologize if I misread your post RCP Phx, I honestly have zero problem with any company out there making products for the XJ. I just get pretty ticked off when I see something being sold that isn't quite up to the basic tasks. Like I said, people put trust in manufacturers, something I know I don't take lightly.

Jeremy the bumper I put on Danes CJ is one of our "rockcrawler" bumpers and is a very different animal than the XJ 560 series bumper. Some of our stuff looks nice and some of our stuff works nice, I have no control over design or structure, I'm just a lowly employee:roll:

Good to hear from you Joe, and Jason-RJR. Thanks for the straight up answers. The Warrior bumpers for Xj's may just be pretty, but at least your not trying to B.S. anybody.

AJsArmor said:
Sorry,I was referencing your post in regards to "other" cheap bumper manufacturers,not yours!

Well, after talking to others here about the bumper, it was agreed to make changes to the bumper as soon as we could get another cherokee in the shop.

General concensus is that due to the size of the bumper and freight issues with making the brackets extend further back onto the frame, that a long mounting bracket is not going to be acheivable.

Instead we are discussing making an add-on bracket with a 3/16" offset bend in it that will bolt over the bumper mount plate at the 3 holes, and then extend back and bolt onto at least two more holes in the frame.

This would also give those who have already purchased the bumper to buy the brackets to add on.

If and when we get a cherokee in the shop and get these built. I will update.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...E:L:RTQ:US:1&viewitem=&item=130043809810&rd=1

60_12.JPG

Jason-RJR said:
Well, after talking to others here about the bumper, it was agreed to make changes to the bumper as soon as we could get another cherokee in the shop.

General concensus is that due to the size of the bumper and freight issues with making the brackets extend further back onto the frame, that a long mounting bracket is not going to be acheivable.

Instead we are discussing making an add-on bracket with a 3/16" offset bend in it that will bolt over the bumper mount plate at the 3 holes, and then extend back and bolt onto at least two more holes in the frame.

This would also give those who have already purchased the bumper to buy the brackets to add on.

If and when we get a cherokee in the shop and get these built. I will update.
Look forward to seeing the brackets. How much additional cost will this add to the bumper?

Update for some of you.

I bought a Cherokee of my own, and we're going to build the frame adapter bracket as discussed soon, and they'll be available seperately most likely, and I'm not sure if they'll package them with the bumpers in the future or not.

FYI, a little birdy told me the pricing on those bumpers is about to go up, so if you're thinking about getting one, but waiting for the bracket, I wouldn't advise waiting. Jump on the bumper now while its cheaper, and get the bracket later.

also, we're going to work on a similarly styled back bumper, and probably some tube 1/2 doors and things like that soon too. If anyone has suggestions for parts they'd like to see come available, I'm open to suggestions. ;)

Back