• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone know about this bumper?

Jason-RJR said:
Update for some of you.

I bought a Cherokee of my own, and we're going to build the frame adapter bracket as discussed soon, and they'll be available seperately most likely, and I'm not sure if they'll package them with the bumpers in the future or not.

FYI, a little birdy told me the pricing on those bumpers is about to go up, so if you're thinking about getting one, but waiting for the bracket, I wouldn't advise waiting. Jump on the bumper now while its cheaper, and get the bracket later.

also, we're going to work on a similarly styled back bumper, and probably some tube 1/2 doors and things like that soon too. If anyone has suggestions for parts they'd like to see come available, I'm open to suggestions. ;)

Go to www.tntcustoms or www.rigidco.com for what a "real" bumper mounting system looks like. I know others like AJ do too I just know these two sites have clear pics of the mounts.

That's definitely a very intricate mounting system. I'll discuss the various options of outer frame, inner frame, and tie-in with the steering box with the boss when we get to building whatever it is we end up releasing.

ZachMan said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=ADME%3AL%3ARTQ%3AUS%3A1&viewitem=&item=130043809810&rd=1

60_12.JPG

Ok, I'll bite. It says that the bumper gets bolted to the uni-body framerail extensions. Does anyone else do this? How does it bolt up? Is it sturdy enough?

Who cares how it mounts...I don't see and D rings or a winch plate?

All it needs to do is mount up like the factory or better. If not? fab it up.:idea:

98XJROKS said:
Who cares how it mounts...I don't see and D rings or a winch plate?

All it needs to do is mount up like the factory or better. If not? fab it up.:idea:

i think he meant the bumper in the picture he quoted.

warrior doesnt have a winch bumper for cherokee, but the 561 does have d-rings

Thought some might like to see these. This particular bumper was a reject (bad weld slagging job) so it was around long enough for me to grab some pics.

This is the 56051 (adds D-Ring's and Brushguard).

56051.jpg

This shows the D-Ring and current mount plate. The mount plate is 3/16" HRPO Mild Steel, the D-Ring is constructed of 1" x 2" flat bar, and then ther e is an additional 3/16" HRPO plate welded in at the face of the bumper for more reinforcement, mostly because we were concerned with bending the bumper itself since its only 11 gauge HRPO.

The frame tie-in bracket are still yet to come...

56051-mount.jpg

Loose-Nuts has probably the best mounting setup out there. the D-ring mount and bumper/frame mount is the same peice of steel, half inch thick.

bmprplate.JPG

bmprmount2.JPG

REBUMPER1.JPG

cal said:
Loose-Nuts has probably the best mounting setup out there. the D-ring mount and bumper/frame mount is the same peice of steel, half inch thick.

That's a pretty stout setup, probably overkill even, not that its a bad thing.

Personally I don't like the bumper tho, it looks like a canoe.

Not a great picture of it either, but we were discussing the mounts and those are as good as they get. :)

-C

Jason-RJR said:
Personally I don't like the bumper tho, it looks like a canoe.

Each person has there own opinion. I don't think I would compare it to a canoe though.

This angle idea is in use on many bumpers. It improves approach angle while providing superior protection to the front and corners.

But like Cal said, this was about mounting. Another fantastic mounting set-up is that from Rigidco (www.rigidco.com). The mounting system reinforces the bulkhead area and provides steering box bolt strengthening, which I know some folks don't like that idea. then the bumper mounts to this mounting system.

Anyway, that's I got to say about that...

Last edited:
Jason-RJR said:
I tried to look at rigidco's but the webpage link for mounting systems doesn't load.

comes up with a not found.

I just noticed that too. They really need to update their site. You can see small pics of the system by looking at the other bumpers they show. You can probably e-mial Terry (Rigidco Owner) and ask him for some pics.

looking at all these bumpers they seem to be missing a nice secure place to place a highlift especialy on the bumpers with angled pieces the jack will just slid off. by simply cutting a triangle type shape in the lower section on some of these bumpers it would make jacking much safer.

bj-666 said:
looking at all these bumpers they seem to be missing a nice secure place to place a highlift especialy on the bumpers with angled pieces the jack will just slid off. by simply cutting a triangle type shape in the lower section on some of these bumpers it would make jacking much safer.

Possibly, BUT, bumpers are usually not designed to hold a hi-lift. Also, most folks have thier hi-lift on the rear bumper or roof rack.

I have thought about figuring a way to mount my hi-lift on my front bumper, but I am going focus on a winch and lights instead. The hi-lift will stay in the rear cargo area for now.

Black97XJ said:
I think he meant a notch in the bumper as a lifting point, not a mounting point.

:doh: Sorry

My mind went the wrong way...

:gee:

:gag:

Everyone talks about the factory mounts as being too weak for recovery and I agree, however I have yet to see a bumper using just those three torn from the unibody frame.

Can anyone actually post a picture of this?

Back