• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone have a reference chart for Bilstein 5100 (eye to eye lengths)...

Boostwerks.com

NAXJA Forum User
I just finished raising my rear shock mounts just below the centerline of the axle, and also did a custom "sway bar bracket" bar pin eliminator up top at the same time. Eventhough I moved the upper mount farther in to increase the cantilever of the shock and the fact that I'm at about 3.5" of lift, my 5100s for 4" of lift are WAY too long. I literally only have about an 1.5" of up travel before they bottom out.

I'd like to replace these with a shorter 5100 model if I can. I'm just trying to find a length chart to see if I can maybe adapt a YJ or TJ app that'll fit my needs. Bilstein's site doesn't mention any lengths. If I can't find a 5100, I think a 5150 might work.

Thanks guys.

51xx is all the same. They have the compressed and extended eye-eye measurements on the site. It's not responding right now, or I'd toss some web-fu on you. :) You're probably looking at less than a 10", more like a 6-8" with a short body. The RE 5.5" kits use a 10" shock.

I think you're looking for the shock length measurements for various lift heights? That only works for guys who order from catalogs. Go measure the shock mounting distances at ride height. if it's 18", then look for a shock that's 14/22 (for example).

Would you sell the shocks for 4 in lift once you find the right size ?

Definetly. I'll just have the rear to sell though. I'd like to recover most of my cost, but am willing to cut a deal. PM me if your interested. :)

So I have a static eye to eye length of 15.5" so I'm going to go with a 6.5" travel 5150. :yelclap:

Back