• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ANY XJ's From Corpus Christi TX?

i know we tried to meet, but it didn't happen. but was wondering if we can forecast a weekend for a gtg, or tech day or lil wheeling. and hope for a good turn out. i just got my toy (xj) and want to play/take it out. any suggestions where? sat?sun? time of day? etc..
i met a few local xj guys online, i'll refer them to this, if that's ok.
larry

hi lads, i'm also in corpus. We should definitely try and get together some time. I need some more jeep buddies around to hang with :)

here's my rig, look out for me :)

stxcherokee said:
ok so what does everyone in corpus drive.. post some pics of your ride so we can look out for each other.. not always in my jeep, but seen a few nice jeeps around.. a nice white one today w/ a snorkle and lift..

haha, that's me man :)

CDX74 said:
hi lads, i'm also in corpus. We should definitely try and get together some time. I need some more jeep buddies around to hang with :)

here's my rig, look out for me :)
That is a nice rig. I see you are running 33s with 4.56 gears. How much lift do you have?

I'm putting 4.56 axles under mine and want to run 33s. Currenty have 4.5" of lift with 3.54 gears and 30s and not sure if 33s will clear. Eventually I'll have a snorkel and bushwackers too, but I'm trying to go broke slowly.....

Wow, that hood is entirely too nice for my ride. Can you scuff it up some? Faux hail damage with a ball peen hammer maybe? I may be interested in the cosmetic after I get the mechanical in line. I'll keep up with you. -G

ratherbcamping said:
That is a nice rig. I see you are running 33s with 4.56 gears. How much lift do you have?

I'm putting 4.56 axles under mine and want to run 33s. Currenty have 4.5" of lift with 3.54 gears and 30s and not sure if 33s will clear. Eventually I'll have a snorkel and bushwackers too, but I'm trying to go broke slowly.....

i have a 4.5" RE lift with 2" spacers up front, so it sits at about 6" i think. I had to do a fair bit of trimming, but all in all everything fits pretty well and there is no rubbing. The only problem i have is if i fully stuff my tyres, then i am liable to rip off a fender flare.

The picture was taken on JP, at South Packery channel. :)

longducdong said:
how about something this sat morning/early afternoon?
this will be my only day off for awhile.
I'd like to go but Saturday is out for me what about the following Saturday 3/22/08. That work for anyone? Gotta plan as it is a 150 mile one way trip and gas is $3.12 right now and seems to be increasing daily.

mikeforte said:
I'd like to go but Saturday is out for me what about the following Saturday 3/22/08. That work for anyone? Gotta plan as it is a 150 mile one way trip and gas is $3.12 right now and seems to be increasing daily.

Thats works for me!

Hey everybody...
Larry, the tires look tough on the xj, can't wait to get them turning. I would be ready to wheel this weekend, but my ring and pinion that I ordered was not for the reverse cut dana 30, even though the guy assured me it was. To add to the problem, the rear pinion bearing had seized and the race spun so long the hole it fits is way out of round. I'm going to have to torch it out, but then I'm still stuck with how to keep the race locked into the 3rd without spinning. Anyone have a dana 30 they want to sell?

DSCF2264.jpg

Last edited:
geremy, your jeep does look tough.
sorry i don't know of any dana 30's off hand, but i'll ask around at work.
i do know of a fsj/ wagonner with dana 44's a friend might get rid of cheap.

i should be off this weekend, if i am, i'm down to meet up.

Back