• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any idea what's up for Winterfest?

OK aparently this is becoming somewhat of a cluster funk.
Here are my reasons for wanting Disney.
First, the drive isn't that different than all the other places that have been mentioned. From Chicago you've got a 9 hr drive to OK, a 7 hr drive to KY, or a 7 hr drive to OH. Not that much difference.
Second, the farther south we go the better the weather in January.
Third, in OK we can draw people from the Intermountain and Southeast States that we don't get to wheel with often. I thought that was the whole idea of National events, for different chapters to get together. If the plan is to keep this strictly a MWC run then why travel at all. Lets go to someplace local like we do all summer.

kid4lyf said:
OK aparently this is becoming somewhat of a cluster funk.
Here are my reasons for wanting Disney.
First, the drive isn't that different than all the other places that have been mentioned. From Chicago you've got a 9 hr drive to OK, a 7 hr drive to KY, or a 7 hr drive to OH. Not that much difference.
Second, the farther south we go the better the weather in January.
Third, in OK we can draw people from the Intermountain and Southeast States that we don't get to wheel with often. I thought that was the whole idea of National events, for different chapters to get together. If the plan is to keep this strictly a MWC run then why travel at all. Lets go to someplace local like we do all summer.

Its only a clusterfawk because YOU posted that the MWC had 'settled on' Hogans trailerpark in OK.
Was there a vote I missed, or just you and a couple of guys having ideas over a beer?
No offense, but have you ever been to a Winterfest?
We traditionally don't care about the climate...thus the name...Winterfest.
Also, whichever one is chosen will exclude SOME people from the far reaches, but such is life.
HTH.

Last edited:
The MWC BOD appointed Brad and lebxj and Okie to the "winterfest committe".
There will not be a vote, This is not a democracy, evryone voting on everything does not work, just look at the Chapter Stickers thread.
The committe suggested Disney, the MWC BOD has put a Kabosh on that idea.
Here is why,

1, Not enough members know the park well enough to lead trails.
2, Two months is not enough time to plan an event like this in an unfamiliar area.

Brad should have not posted their idea this early.

The appropriate answer would have been...

Bob, A committe is working on it.
Thanks for asking, we will let you know as soon as something is decided.

seanR said:
The MWC BOD appointed Brad and lebxj and Okie to the "winterfest committe".
There will not be a vote, This is not a democracy, evryone voting on everything does not work, just look at the Chapter Stickers thread.
The committe suggested Disney, the MWC BOD has put a Kabosh on that idea.
Here is why,

1, Not enough members know the park well enough to lead trails.
2, Two months is not enough time to plan an event like this in an unfamiliar area.

Brad should have not posted their idea this early.

The appropriate answer would have been...

Bob, A committe is working on it.
Thanks for asking, we will let you know as soon as something is decided.

No shit.
Thx for the update.
I have a feeling the MWC BOD is going to put the 'kabosh' on the entire MWC by the time this is through.
In this case, I am more than happy to be 'geographically isolated.'
Too many cheifs, and not one who has 'battle experience', IMHO.

bgcntry72 said:
No offense, but have you ever been to a Winterfest?
You don't recall being on the bad end of my winch line at last year's winterfest?
bgcntry72 said:
We traditionally don't care about the climate...thus the name...Winterfest.
It's called winterfest because, well, it's held in winter. It's not called "freeze-your-ass-off-fest"
bgcntry72 said:
Also, whichever one is chosen will exclude SOME people from the far reaches, but such is life.
My point exactly. I was hoping to do something different this year.
Didn't work.
Too much resistance.
Looks like Badlands.

It was a rhetorical question, and you know I was grateful to get that line, once you zipped up and came to the rescue.
I would like to try a different venue as well.
What got me keyed up was the statement that something had been 'settled on' without a group 'spitballing' session.
I realize that there is a 3 man committee assigned to decide what is good for everyone else, but everyone has different places they have wheeled, and can offer valuable new ideas.
OBTW, suck me and I will be rolling to CP either Thurs night or Fri afternoon.
Later.

bgcntry72 said:
It was a rhetorical question, and you know I was grateful to get that line, once you zipped up and came to the rescue.
I know. JFWY
bgcntry72 said:
OBTW, suck me and I will be rolling to CP either Thurs night or Fri afternoon.
Later.
Cool. Call me

Mar. 4-6.
A forum should be set up soon under "Naxja Events".

kid4lyf said:
Mar. 4-6.
What happened to the January idea?
March 4th I'll be on Maui, and heading to Kauai.
Guess it'll be a John-free event - and no Scott-free Ale for you guys either :twak:

Have fun in March guys and gals, I have to report to Fort Lewis, WA in March :(

Here is my New Ride
page9a.jpg

Maybe I'll get a chance to do a run with the MWC before January, but the schedule is tight.

GI-John said:
Have fun in March guys and gals, I have to report to Fort Lewis, WA in March :(

Here is my New Ride
page9a.jpg

Maybe I'll get a chance to do a run with the MWC before January, but the schedule is tight.

Will the tires stay on that thing? :D

Back