• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another shooting....

NBC is a liberal sh1thole. they have nothing to gain by that report.
i think you and i could agree that the whole information flow from this event is TOTALLY corrupt.
there are still a ton of reports out there that say an AR-15 was simply not used.
having one at the scene surely gives the gun hating movement a fair amount of leverage for their agenda.

sorry i meant that to be sarcastic, the Connecticut State Poliece have an official release of info on the guns used. i am saying that i will believe that over anything anything else "reported"

as i said earlier on the actual death numbers there may be some data out there, however i have not been able to look into how accurate they are.
"the so-called "assault weapons" were tied to less than .012 percent of overall deaths in America in recent years (2011) according to studies compiled by criminology professors Chris Koper and Jeff Roth."

http://www.examiner.com/article/report-less-than-012-of-deaths-caused-by-assault-weapons

for anyone who likes to look at facts when making laws, either way it's a stupid low number haha.

So what were the kids shot with numbnuts? video game cartridges?

So, if the rifle is responsible for killing those kids, then it stands to reason that the handgun is responsible for stopping the massacre and saving countless lives! Even in the hands of a lunatic, this remarkable device still managed to save all those innocent lives!! I mean, who knows how many more people would have been killed by that evil black rifle if it weren't for that amazing little handgun!! I think every family should have one of these life-saving implements close-by at all times!!
Billy

Mentally ill nut job was the cause, the tools he happened to use were guns.
Don’t be naïve. I can't put 11 bullets into a small child with anything else but a gun, and I'm awfully tired of this argument going about in circles.

Yes Lanza was mentally ill, yes videogames played a part, utterly useless parenting and the availability of guns. This was the perfect storm, but let's examine this debate. Most here refuse to give doctors the resources to tackle mental illness, they don't want to blame/enforce guns, or blame the parent, so where are we? We have a so-called civilized and free society justify gun deaths as acceptable simply because they cause less deaths annually than cars and hammers.

Having XJEEPER revive this thread, striking 40 pages of debate with the sole blame placed on video games is a numbnuts move, it’s naïve and insulting to people with half a brain throughout the globe. ***** shameful.

So, if the rifle is responsible for killing those kids, then it stands to reason that the handgun is responsible for stopping the massacre and saving countless lives! Even in the hands of a lunatic, this remarkable device still managed to save all those innocent lives!! I mean, who knows how many more people would have been killed by that evil black rifle if it weren't for that amazing little handgun!! I think every family should have one of these life-saving implements close-by at all times!!
Billy
Yup, everyone should have a gun, even those who don't need one, want one, have mentally ill at home, or are simply too incompetent to use one effectively. Those people should have it close by and easily accessible by anyone in the house.

You live in a free society, yet you're trying to force everyone to do things your way. That's the same as forcing through laws that would take everyone's gun away.

You live in a free society, yet you're trying to force everyone to do things your way. That's the same as forcing through laws that would take everyone's gun away.

This is exactly what I personally do not want. You want to own a gun do it, if not ok. Wanna be gay, do it. Wanna be a granola muching hippie ok, but don't deny my rights yet give ohers more rights. That is unfair.

Don’t be naïve. I can't put 11 bullets into a small child with anything else but a gun, and I'm awfully tired of this argument going about in circles.

Yes Lanza was mentally ill, yes videogames played a part, utterly useless parenting and the availability of guns. This was the perfect storm, but let's examine this debate. Most here refuse to give doctors the resources to tackle mental illness, they don't want to blame/enforce guns, or blame the parent, so where are we? We have a so-called civilized and free society justify gun deaths as acceptable simply because they cause less deaths annually than cars and hammers.

Having XJEEPER revive this thread, striking 40 pages of debate with the sole blame placed on video games is a numbnuts move, it’s naïve and insulting to people with half a brain throughout the globe. ***** shameful.

Yup, everyone should have a gun, even those who don't need one, want one, have mentally ill at home, or are simply too incompetent to use one effectively. Those people should have it close by and easily accessible by anyone in the house.

No one justified it or said it was ok. Nice job putting words in everyone's mouths. It's REALITY. It's the way it is. Like it or not, making a law as a reaction to something like this won't change shit. It's reality. Get over it. This isn't a utopia, but it is a free society, you just said it in your post. If I'm free, that means you leave me the hell alone and it is NOT for you or *anyone* else to say whether or not I'm fit to own a magazine with x capacity. Drop it already, you are wrong, period. You can't say "You live in a free society" and in the same post try to convince people that restrictions need to be placed on their freedom....That isn't freedom. So choose one or the other- either say this country is a free society, and practice what you preach (aka drop this BS) or say "America, land of the free and home of the brave....isn't free."

No one justified it or said it was ok. Nice job putting words in everyone's mouths. It's REALITY. It's the way it is. Like it or not, making a law as a reaction to something like this won't change shit. It's reality. Get over it. This isn't a utopia, but it is a free society, you just said it in your post. If I'm free, that means you leave me the hell alone and it is NOT for you or *anyone* else to say whether or not I'm fit to own a magazine with x capacity. Drop it already, you are wrong, period. You can't say "You live in a free society" and in the same post try to convince people that restrictions need to be placed on their freedom....That isn't freedom. So choose one or the other- either say this country is a free society, and practice what you preach (aka drop this BS) or say "America, land of the free and home of the brave....isn't free."

Del McCoury said it best when he said the land of the free ain't nothin but a free for all.

No one justified it or said it was ok. Nice job putting words in everyone's mouths.
Sorry to deflate your pot-shot, but people, in fact, claimed cars kill more folks than guns to diminish this debate.

This is exactly what I personally do not want. You want to own a gun do it, if not ok. Wanna be gay, do it. Wanna be a granola muching hippie ok, but don't deny my rights yet give ohers more rights. That is unfair.

I agree, provided your personal interests doesn't infringe upon mine in a public setting (and vice versa). If you're gay - fine - just don't try to poke me up the butt whenever I go outside to pick-up the mail. You want a fast car - fine - just don't drive like a douche without thought for other motorists. You like hoarding guns - fine - lock them up, and think about their impact if you have mentally ill members at home. Living in a free society doesn't give us a free pass to do whatever we want whenever we want without consequence - that's anarchy.

Did you fail to recognize the thick sarcastic undertone of my entire post or just part of it so that you only have to respond to the parts that you view as easier? I'm thinking it's similar to the way most gun bigots choose to ignore the statistics of fire and explosives being much more "effective" and favored methods of killing large numbers of innocent people. But its hard for Joe Civilian to stop a rapist with a pipe bomb or scare off a spree killer with a Zippo, so by all means, let's focus on the tool that defends upwards of 2,000,000 innocent lives every year in this country! (That part was sarcasm, by the way!)
Billy

You like hoarding guns - fine - lock them up

This is the best form of gun control IMO. All my guns with exception of my carry pistol and a hidden one are locked up. There are no little ones around my house, so there is no issue there.

Your words, not mine......nice try though.

Saul Alinsky's Rule #5: “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions.

You are entitled to your opinion, but you need to learn how to seperate it from fact. Weird that I post an article, you turn it into personal insult.

You sure get upset easily.......perhaps this quote sums it up: "The sting of reproach is the truth of it."

Last edited:
We spent 40 freakin pages establishing that inanimate objects (guns) don't kill people; people (animate objects) kill people. Then you came along to say that inanimate objects (video games) kill people. if video games are at fault than so are guns, ****** parenting, poor resource management, lapse laws, and your naivety. Damn skippy you deserve what you got. Stop crying about it.

Bwaaahahahaha......I posted an article which mentions that "experts" believe that video games were influencial in the evil that took place at Sandy Hook Elementary.

No where in the article does it say that video games were solely responsible for the slaughter, nor did I. Those are your words. What I actually found most interesting in this article is the pre-meditation that was involved in the creation of a spreadsheet that tracks killers and their method of killing. For me, this supports the opinion that no amount of gun control will prevent mentally unstable individuals from carrying out similar acts of evil. Evil will continue to exist and we should not kid ourselves into thinking that we can prevent evil acts by removing guns, video games, etc. from society. I didn't share this commentary in the linked post, because I thought that others who read the article would have no problem connecting the dots.

Your need to prove anything that I say or do wrong, has once again led you to twist what was posted in attempt to support your personal vandetta......which, I find comical.

Your behavior undermines your own credibilty, as does your repeated attempt to spin your feelings into facts to support this fruitless agenda. I pretty sure what your response to this will be and because I won't be wasting any more of my time reponding to you, I conceed that you will have the last word, which appears to be more important to you than the truth.

Back