• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another AW4 Problem

That was a cut&paste from the FSM. It's referring to the plug for the NSS. I doubt it's the NSS, as it make no connections when it's in (D).

If the solenoids are measuring good, they probably are fine. They are pretty pricey at $160 each, unless you can get them used. With the ignition on, are you getting voltage to just the first (A) solenoid? If you are, then the TCU is working and the tranny should be giving you 1st gear.

Back again. Wiring to solenoids and solenoids themselves check out at 15ohms. Hooked up TCU and turned ignition on and have power to all three solenoids at same time in Park, Drive, 3rd and 1st-2nd. Hooked my Jeep battery with cables to XJ (which is my son's Jeep) to make sure I still have 12 volts and only showed 7 to 8 volts at the solenoids. Would this be correct or is TCU possibly not sending enough voltage?

To everyone that was following this thread it turned out to be the TCU. Bought a used one at the salvage yard, plugged it in and back to normal.

I just got back in town. Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Your's makes the fifth TCU that I've heard of being bad. It's rare, but it does happen and having power at all three solenoids sitting definitely means somethings is wrong with it.

Back