• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Almost build time!!

Re: Amost build time!!

Stang5lgt said:
6 degree should work. But I don't think you need a shim with SYE kit.
You sure do, the shims are needed to point the pinion at the t-case output. Actually, you want the pinion pointing about 1-2* below the t-case output.

The easiest way to do that is to lay your angle finder (you DO have an angle finder, right?) on the driveshaft and figure out how many degrees it is below horizontal.

Measure the angle 'behind vertical' for the axle; use the machined surfaces on either side of the diff cover to measure it. Use some fancy sharpie-on-cardboard calculations to adjust the pinion angle to 1-2* less than the driveshaft.

Jim www.yuccaman.com

Ok, got the front done last night. That was a beotch! But she's sittin like we're hittin swithces! Front all up in the air. Today we're crackin into the rear. here's some pics. Didn't get much of the actuall work being done as I was short handed.

100_3277.jpg

100_3280.jpg

100_3278.jpg

100_3283.jpg

100_3285.jpg

100_3282.jpg

good work man, sorry about having to bail yesterday. good luck with the rear today.

arctycfox said:
anyone know where i can get leaf spring eye bolts on a sunday? Help?!

The lower control arm bolts you removed and won't be re-using will work.

If not, I've got some here at the house.

PM sent.

Hey, you could try the control arm bolts that weren't re-used. :D

Looks good man, total pre-runner status. How's the rear coming?

went to Ace and got a bolt from them that seems to work. the guy there said it should be the same strength. Here are some pics of it currently. I say currently cause I can't drive it, so it isn't finished. Still waiting on the drive chain and rebuild kit to do the TC. Here she sits waiting for a new rear driveshaft, and SYE. Drive chain should be here tomorrow, but since it's my anniversary I prob won't get her done.

100_3314.jpg

100_3313.jpg

looks good, once you get the drivetrain put in you need to take a pic of it parked on that acura's hood. :D

I can probably go up there w/ josh as well and help.

Wow! Looks real good!! What size lift is it again??

it looks really freakin good dude. I cant wait for like 2 more years. Im lifting my jeep more then.. Only got 4.5" on it right now.

Too bad you live in Brighton. If Gas wasnt f#@$in $4 i might consider going up there to wheel with you =D. Even Denver is too far for me now.

Back