• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Almost build time!!

i started it again this morning and it was off though. still no speedo. i checked the speedo ring gear and pick-up gear but they "looked" good. anyway to test if it went bad?

The speedo gear housing is most likely not set in the correct position. It needs to be clocked to a certain setting based on the number of teeth in your new gear. The parts only fit one way, so it's not in upside down or anything.

Jim www.yuccaman.com

BOOM! Speedo is back! Thanks Josh! You rock! Still working on the dying thing. Trying to reset the computer now. Then maybe adjust the idle set screw on the TB. Think the extreme change in tire saize be making it drop in RPMs enough to die occasionally?

I reset the computer and it rubs great now. Just drove it over 30 mi. no probs. "I'm on the road again..." Sweet!! Now it gets parked for the next couple weekd while we move. Oh well.

arctycfox said:
I reset the computer and it rubs great now. Just drove it over 30 mi. no probs. "I'm on the road again..." Sweet!! Now it gets parked for the next couple weekd while we move. Oh well.

LOL - Need to trim your ECU a bit more? :D

Back