• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Added a little lift, death wobble problems! sway bar related?? searched...

alekz said:
Forgot to ask, which track bar is recommended?

I've seen Rough Country or Rusty's so far, as I'm trying to keep it on the economical side. which of the 2 do you guys have experience with and like or should they both be about the same?

I got mine from Rusty's. As long as it is adjustable it should be fine.
If you want call whomever you buy one from and ask if they have any "scratch and dent" ones lying about. I got mine for 30% off from a used one off a returned kit. Both companies make good parts, so it is up to prefrence at this point. I like the people at Rusty's, they have been super helpful so far.

mk153smaw said:
I got mine from Rusty's. As long as it is adjustable it should be fine.If you want call whomever you buy one from and ask if they have any "scratch and dent" ones lying about. I got mine for 30% off from a used one off a returned kit. Both companies make good parts, so it is up to prefrence at this point. I like the people at Rusty's, they have been super helpful so far.
Man you really are confused,I was RLMFAO over your swaybay bs.Now I know your crazy!

Oh yeah, you might want to get the tracbar relocation mount also, both companies make one. It is the one that is connected up higher by the steering pump area and lowers the angle of the tracbar. I think my kit was around $125 from Rusty's (tracbar + thier "HD" tracbar mount)
Again that was with discount, its the holidays right now they might be having a sale.

mk153smaw said:
Oh yeah, you might want to get the tracbar relocation mount also, both companies make one. It is the one that is connected up higher by the steering pump area and lowers the angle of the tracbar. I think my kit was around $125 from Rusty's (tracbar + thier "HD" tracbar mount)
Again that was with discount, its the holidays right now they might be having a sale.
What??I thought it was all about the swaybar?Man you military guys get all the good drugs!
On second thought just put a new steering stablizer on it.Thay way you wont have to deal with it till next year!!

Last edited:
RCP Phx said:
Man you really are confused,I was RLMFAO over your swaybay bs.Now I know your crazy!

I had a witty reply...... why bother.

mk153smaw said:
I got mine from Rusty's. As long as it is adjustable it should be fine.
If you want call whomever you buy one from and ask if they have any "scratch and dent" ones lying about. I got mine for 30% off from a used one off a returned kit. Both companies make good parts, so it is up to prefrence at this point. I like the people at Rusty's, they have been super helpful so far.
Do not do what he suggested. Rustys is crap. Search around and you will find countless people who have broken the Rustys track bar and/or bracket on the street.

Look into Rubicon express, TnT, JKS or almost any other brand, other then Rustys.

Rusty's trackbars are known to flex like wet pasta.

Buy something that doesnt suck. :)

dw in my friends stock 96 still haunts me when i hit bumps in my jeep when on the road in corners :shiver:

I thought the seat was going to rip from the body of the jeep we were going 80 mph on straight country roads didnt go away till we got it down to about 20mph

RCP Phx said:
Man you military guys get all the good drugs!

For the love of God, dont put me in the same category with this guy....

:eeks1:

JNickel101 said:
For the love of God, dont put me in the same category with this guy....

:eeks1:
Sorry about that!He ia a one-of-a-kind!!

Well, I'm sad to hear that Rusty's stuff is poor quality.

I called RC today and they said their adjustable track bar is for lifts over 4", they recommended I re-drill the hole 3/4" over as it says on their 3" lift kit instructions.

I checked Rubicon Express' site and they say on there that its for lifts over 3.5".

It seems like Rusty's is the only one that mentions anything close to what I would need, from 2"-5" if I read correctly.

so does anyone have anything good to say regarding their products? Seems that they have a new model after everyone's has been breaking, so anyone with the new design feel free to state your experience.

I think I'm going to give the re-drill a try and see how that goes, worse that could happen is I end up buying an adjustable to put on the original hole right?

also...no one really answered if I needed to do anything about the sway bar links for a 3" lift, just leave the stock ones or do I need to modify anything????

Thanks

The rubicon express 1600 (not heavy duty) is perfect at 3" of lift. I've installed it with a 3" procomp lift and a 3" rough country lift.

ok, so I'm kinda on a budget so I'm going to give the re-drill a shot over the week-end...does it really weaken the mounting part on the axle?
how much over do I need to go for 3" springs? someone said 3/4".

worse that could happen is I end up buying an adjustable track bar to put on the original hole right?

do I need to do anything with the say bar links?

I don't know if this is a good option, but when you re-drill you could weld a plate to the bracket over the old hole, and over as much as you can get, to strengthen it. somebody correct me if that's a bad idea.

Back