• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A Time To Grieve

Reported for language. Shame on you.

Probably deserved that. My apologies.

How does one report a post? Just curious as I have no idea.

Click on this image in the upper right hand corner of a post...

report.gif

if you honestly think that he will give himself that power, why don't you get the fuck out now and save yourself the hassle.
What hassle do you speak of?

USATombstone.jpg

You tell me... you're the one who thinks Obama can "change" who's in the Senate.

He can. Here's how...it's a stretch but it's a way of polictically gerrymandering this issue to get the 60 seats.

1st President elect Obama selects a few republicans holding US Senate seats to his cabinent, making sure those senators are from states that have democratic governors.
Plus for President elect Obama, public relations coup, gives the apearance of a bipartisan executive department.

Next: The democrat governors appoint a democrat to the now vacated senate seat.
Plus for President elect Obama, gives the Democratic Party (and presumely the President elect) the necessary 60 seats to block a filibuster.

All perfectly legitimate.

He can. Here's how...it's a stretch but it's a way of polictically gerrymandering this issue to get the 60 seats.

1st President elect Obama selects a few republicans holding US Senate seats to his cabinent, making sure those senators are from states that have democratic governors.
Plus for President elect Obama, public relations coup, gives the apearance of a bipartisan executive department.

Next: The democrat governors appoint a democrat to the now vacated senate seat.
Plus for President elect Obama, gives the Democratic Party (and presumely the President elect) the necessary 60 seats to block a filibuster.

All perfectly legitimate.

Point taken. But I'd like to think that the Republicans are smart enough to see through that.

Back