• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A Teacher at my college says all military veterans are illiterate, and rapists.

AIbandit

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Please contact the school and let them know she needs to be terminated.
I just got setup here and wont be able to move until the fall term.
For whatever reason our local news didn't even cover it a news team 70 miles away did.
apparently all veterans get out and enjoy a "large rape pool".

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/in...ts-stir-controversy-at-butte-college/24985422

Butte college facebook
https://www.facebook.com/buttecollege
Perry, Kimberly (Superintendent/President)
Phone: (530) 895-2484
Office: SAS-365
Email: [email protected]
Presidents twitter (if you have one of those things)
https://twitter.com/ButtePresident

Vets arent illiterate, or rapists as a whole, thats stupid.

Get on with your life? Why bother with a facebook campaign?
Your local news didnt cover it because its a stupid bullshit non-story.

WONT ANYBODY THINK OF THE VETS?!?

Xcm,

Why not make an issue of it. If it were a race related remark, it would have blown up, but since it's about military members, we should just let it go?

I'd go tell her to F off.....:dunno:

Vets arent illiterate, or rapists as a whole, thats stupid.

Get on with your life? Why bother with a facebook campaign?
Your local news didnt cover it because its a stupid bullshit non-story.

WONT ANYBODY THINK OF THE VETS?!?

Because she has the ability to crush one's GPA and clearly the inability to look past her prejudice. I'm sure if her she had a prejudice against you and was in the way of your degree you would be pissed to.

Minus the "her".

+ a too.
I had a college prof mess with my grade a few years back. Had to have it corrected
by the dean.
It would be wise to at least mention the incident to the school administration.
Wouldn't take a class from her after that though.

I try not to =/

Xcm,

Why not make an issue of it. If it were a race related remark, it would have blown up, but since it's about military members, we should just let it go?

You get to choose to join the military, you do not get to choose your race.
But go ahead, keep comparing cherries to cherry tomatoes...

When you see someone driving an ::insert stupid car here, possibly new cherokee or fiat?::, are you being racist for thinking theyre stupid? Of course not, a persons decisions speak loudly for the type of person they are, and frankly, as a human, you get to make those assessments. We make those decisions on an hourly basis.

I really find it hilarious how entitled whites are now becoming the victims. Anytime a black person comments about racism, thats a thing of the past, why must they STILL want something for free?

But god forbid, a proffessor says something about a group of people you are in, all of a sudden racism is a giant issue.... against you!

Get over it, quit being the victim. Your talking about a GPA, we attacked black people with police dogs and fire hoses, but god forbid your prof gives you a C and drops your gpa -.5%

Personally, i dont think you military guys need to be defended at every minute level.... you'll be fine. Life will go on.

I stand by my comments about this being a bullshit non-story.

Xcm, like many, you have bought into the media hype. There is only one race, the human race, and we all have different levels of pigment in our skin. We are genetically the same.

We are not complaining about her being a racist. Bigot would be the accurate term, since that is a word used to describe something being done against a certain group of people.

She is discriminating, and possibly affecting the lives of some. Never mind the fact that she is just plain ignorant, and apparently, so are you. You sit here trying to sound intelligent, but don't even understand the difference between racism and bigotry.

It is obvious that you have not served and never intend to serve. So you have no clue what is involved, what is sacrificed. Come back when you have walked a mile in our shoes, until then, your opinion means nothing. And no, your first amendment right does not allow you to say such stupid things. Again, if you were intelligent, you would know that the first amendment guarantees that the government cannot suppress your freedom of speech. It does not guarantee you the right to say what you want, when you want, or where you want.

You sound like a liberal who likes having things handed to them, earned by the hard working.

Last edited:
You say "we" like I attacked black people. You also seem to believe something other people have done in the past justifies bigotry today.
If it was just her opinion fine. The problem is she is in a place of power, no one with hatred towards any group should stand between that group and succeeding. I'd feel the same no matter what group.

Ironically there is a large amount of black veterans. The idea that hate crimes and inequality against their race in the past justifies more hate against them today is pretty epic, good job.

biggest pile of crap i have seen in a while....

Re: Re: A Teacher at my college says all military veterans are illiterate, and rapist

Personally, i dont think you military guys need to be defended at every minute level.... you'll be fine. Life will go on.

I stand by my comments about this being a bullshit non-story.

Just wait till the last straw breaks the camels back and we CHOOSE to not defend you, your family, or the country. We'll see how your life continues to go on.

Albandit,

Again, there is only one race, and we are all part of it. Blacks are not a separate race, neither are Indians or any other classifications that you can think of. There is but the human race. Race baiting is something that was developed by the left, to cause division amongst the people. Look it up.

Albandit,

Again, there is only one race, and we are all part of it. Blacks are not a separate race, neither are Indians or any other classifications that you can think of. There is but the human race. Race baiting is something that was developed by the left, to cause division amongst the people. Look it up.

I understand what you're wanting here but just saying it doesn't make it so, and as long as the government treats people differently the gap will continue to grow.

If it was just her opinion fine. The problem is she is in a place of power, no one with hatred towards any group should stand between that group and succeeding. I'd feel the same no matter what group.

Certainly, She is Opinionated. But a Bigot? Hatred? Unfair? These are attributes that actions reveal. It will be difficult to actually prove that people have been graded badly based simply on their Military Service.

We know that people of all race, creed, color and economic and educational level enter the Military, and each branch has different educational requirements and every Job has a minimum literacy level to operate successfully in that capacity. Also, not everyone who enters the Military goes in, or comes out with the drive needed to further them toward their dreams.

Perhaps it has not been her lot in life to see the cream of the crop that is attainable from the Military , but has instead had the opportunity to work with folks who come to her with the minimal education required to pass though high school and their post assigned to them by the Branch they served in.

When I went to College, only 1/4 of the Incoming Class actually graduated.
Some of the Teachers were tough, some easy. The ones who were the toughest were the ones that worked hardest to be where they were. They wanted you to apply yourself and show the best work you could produce.
We didn't cry "Fowl", we knew that to succeed you had to put in the effort and those who wanted it badly enough got it. Those who expected it to be handed to them like in HS got what patty shot at.

We had one Instructor who simply would not answer questions in Class, and if you asked them after Class, you has better have read the material and participated in a lab before you asked one or he would grade you harder on the test. I asked him why. He simply stated that he felt if he gave the answers, one would not have to do what they have to do in real life after school, and that is to read and do research to learn the answers.

So the trick here is to know what is expected. You know what that is: Exceed expectations, and since you know what the expectations are, it is a known qty. And you know exactly how to do so: Apply yourself inside and outside the Classroom, learn the material and strive to be the best in her subject.

To me, the most "Unfair" Teachers are not the ones that expect the most out of their students and are hard to get a good grade from, it's the ones that don't and grade too easily. Those are the ones that I never learned anything from.

-Ron

Back