• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A Day At The Cliffs ORP

I wonder who this is?

79593913.jpg

Beezil said:
If we were looking for easier trails, we'd just show up for a GLJT run!
:D

You could, but that would mean you'd have to wheel! I'm assuming your rig is still in peices? I'll be there on the 9th!

Seriously guys, Cooter has led around stock full size bronco's out there with NO body damage. 101" is still SWB as far as I'm concerned. Your XJ's will fit just fine. Stock S10 blazers wheel out there, Nissan Xterra's, you name it. There is a lot of mud, especially when it's wet. But hey, this is the midwest.

Hey Kyle -
If these pics are indicative of what's too tight and too muddy, you'd better be selective on inviting people out to the chicken farm!
:rolleyes:

btw: that green Suzuki with the exo is the one I met up with at RORP to hand off your tires.

bgcntry72 said:
Nice pants.
79548829.jpg

:roflmao:

Thanx! Wheeling in jammies? This ain't the wheeling fashion forum, but . . .
:dunno:

What Rd (f.k.a. ArmStrong) said:
Hey Kyle -
If these pics are indicative of what's too tight and too muddy, you'd better be selective on inviting people out to the chicken farm!
:rolleyes:

btw: that green Suzuki with the exo is the one I met up with at RORP to hand off your tires.

Yeah, Jeff, I figured it was. And the "Cooter" mentioned in the post above is the one who bought the tires. I believe Zack is the one with the Sami. Nice looking rig. Oh, and BTW, that white Sami is the one I was telling you about. That guy also has a nice Bronco. (if it the same guy I am thinking, can't remember his name)

No kidding on the tight thing. Looks like some nice wide roads compared to a few locations we have LOL. Now that I thinki about it, nearly all the body "enhancements" that my rig has received, have come from our farm LOL.

In all honesty, RORP has trails that are as tight as those (from what I can tell from the Pics, as I have yet to go to the Cliffs). Thing is, at RORP, the ones that are tight like that, you run them uphill, not down. In all fairness though, I have heard from a couple TRJC members that the Cliffs is a tight park.

Last edited:
As you tear away things like flares, mirrors, drip rails, etc., the rig gets narrower and fits more easily through the tighter spots. We call this a self-correcting problem.

What Rd (f.k.a. ArmStrong) said:
As you tear away things like flares, mirrors, drip rails, etc., the rig gets narrower and fits more easily through the tighter spots. We call this a self-correcting problem.

Eggs-Actly!

whatever, you guys can defend the cliffs all you want, mud SUX.

the only folks I see with hard ons for that place have ugly rigs and they don't care about losing a door panel or fender.
There is no challenge in wheeling like that, any schmuck can hop in his "rig" and smash it up.

when it comes to slop like that, it's hard to control exactly where your junk goes, no matter what your wheel base is, how great of a driver you are, or how tight the trails are or aren't.

and whoever is wearing those awful pants, no this isn't a fashion forum, but do you look in the mirror before you leave the house? dayum, some people shouldn't be allowed to dress themselves.

Last edited:
PhunkadelicXJ said:

i dislike mud as well, however, i always have a good time when i go to the cliffs. but i'll take rocks anyday over mud.

the only folks I see with hard ons for that place have ugly rigs and they don't care about losing a door panel or fender.
There is no challenge in wheeling like that, any schmuck can hop in his "rig" and smash it up.

you calling my XJ ugly ;) i seem to recall a red XJ that got beat up at the badlands, too.....and then there was the most carnage at NAC award :laugh3:

when it comes to slop like that, it's hard to control exactly where your junk goes, no matter what your wheel base is, how great of a driver you are, or how tight the trails are or aren't.

yes, the way it was saturday, it was very sloppy because of all the rain and there was little control in some spots....however, the cliffs is not always like that. there are plenty of trails that dry out and are fun to run, and require some driving skill. tral #7 had plenty of control and was a lot of fun, even after the rain.

PhunkadelicXJ said:

true some just dont have the money or desire to fix it everytime they smash it up.

cheers,

jj

IntrepidXJ said:
you calling my XJ ugly ;) i seem to recall a red XJ that got beat up at the badlands, too.....and then there was the most carnage at NAC award :laugh3:

We're not talking about the Badlands, and I don't recall you ever being around for my "beatings," or else you would know that I work damn hard for the dents and scratches on my XJ.

As far as the most carnage award, come awn!!! Dude, my tires popped my flares off.

I was at the cliffs when there was no rain for weeks prior (not in my junk), and it sucked, there was way too much recovery going on.

edit: typo

PhunkadelicXJ said:

X infinite.

I'd like to see these poseurs with "big dog" rigs actually drive some "big dog" trails.

Last winterfest, i remembered quite a few monster rigs (not just xjs) that are built to the hilt, but wouldn't go anywhere NEAR difficult trails or rock/boulders....

We know what thats all about.....I guess it LOOKS cooler to be a king on green/orange trail then a suck-ass on the harder trails....

Most of the people that have tried throwing shit my way for my frequent roll overs on purgatory, simply don't have the balls to follow me on it.

swap, don't worry about what happened to your thread dude, not directed at you at all......

but really, when it comes to mud wheeling, just because the conditions are nasty, doesn't mean you are.

PhunkadelicXJ said:
We're not talking about the Badlands, and I don't recall you ever being around for my "beatings," or else you would know that I work damn hard for the dents and scratches on my XJ.

I was at the cliffs when there was no rain for weeks prior (not in my junk), and it sucked, there was way too much recovery going on.

i was just trying to point out that you can get damage anywhere you wheel. you can also avoid it, too.

you can get a lot of experience with recovery at the cliff's when it's wet :)

PhunkadelicXJ said:
As far as the most carnage award, come awn!!! Dude, my tires popped my flares off.

x4.
I did that because that thing was too damn pretty, and I wanted you to think more about your rig than what satellite station to listen to next.
I knew I had your trust as spotter, so why not abuse it?
I took you across a ditch at 45* angle.
Good thing he didn't see you teetering on that lower control arm, or pulling your leaf out of your wheel, or rotating the spring plates, or.....you know.
That was a great day of wheeling, and even Madam smiled a couple of times.
'Is it morning yet?'
'Shhh, listen for the clicking'
:roflmao:

You didn't do much, Scott.
I pop flares off going over the speed bumps at the mall, you look at those things funny and they fall off. NACfest was the first time in months my flares had been on the XJ.

IntrepidXJ said:
you can get a lot of experience with recovery at the cliff's when it's wet :)

'specially when you go there with the GLJT crowd, and have the only 2 winches....right Sean?

Really...I like mud....but the Cliffs is just two small and too muddy ALL THE TIME, everyplace, to really have any fun.

Will I go back? Sure....on the quad
Did I have fun with the XJ? Sure....I used my slow ass winch more in that 6 hours than ever before...or since.

JMHO

Rev

Oh....BTW....Mud may suck, but rocks bite....I would rather be.... :laugh3:

Alsip Alsip Alsip...

If not...There's this construction zone by my work...
The work crews leave at about 3pm...

:D

Back