• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98 ZJ limited $5000. Georgia.

rockready069

NAXJA Forum User
98' ZJ limited
zj14hu.jpg

The good:
shiny black with super clean black leather/grey carpet interior. Awesome stereo (I work as an installer @ Circuit City)...alpine CD, pioneer 4 channel with infinity speakers, JBL 10" sub, reliable 4.0L motor, 4x4, recently rebuilt front axle (new R&P, all new bearings). fairly dark tint.

The bad:
4.0L has 187k on it. I'm guessing that is the only reason I haven't sold it yet. It runs great, oil has been changed regularly, and I guess if it has that many miles for a 98', they are probably mostly highway miles,.,.....just for the record, my XJ has 205K, my mom's ZJ has 140K. At some point, the tires will probably have to be replaced, I'd guess they're at about %40 tread.

The bottom line:
I'm looking to get $5,000 for it. That's basically the bottom line. That's what I paid for the vehicle in November and that's what I want to get out of it. I know how the haggling thing works so it's priced @ $5,900 in the autotrader right now. I've seen similar vehicles in the price range of $5,000 all the way to $10,000 so I feel that I am asking a very fair and reasonable price.

The history:
This Jeep was owned previously by my 25 year old sister. Her and her husband purchased the vehicle in 2001 right after they got married. They moved to Virginia as my brother in law is in the coast guard and the Jeep proved to be an excellent vehicle for long trips back and forth to Georgia. Well, my brother in law, Scott, got transferred to Hawaii in November and they didn't want to mess around with shipping a vehicle over seas and all the related costs (you could imagine). So I did the brotherly thing and got a fat loan from my dad and took the Jeep off their hands. I soon realized that although I did the right thing in buying the Jeep from my sister and helping her financial situation, that this wasn't the right vehicle for me. I need to sell it and buy a tow-rig. It's as simple as that. If it weren't for my off-road hobby and my need to pull a trailer and haul parts around and all that junk, I'd keep the vehicle.

anyway, if anyone has any questions or anything, post up or give me a call @770-361-4104
-Jerry

Back