• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'97-'01 Window regulator fix for $20

my 2000 XJ sport had the cheap plastic design....
i replaced my broken regulator with a steiger fix kit, worked great...then i blew it too...talked to steiger this week, even though the part was ordered over a year ago he stood behind his product and replaced my broken unit...good guy....its in the mail right now and i hope its here soon...hot out and i like open windows!
also, he mentioned he has made improvements to the repair kit....
definitely check his kits out...

they charge 40 bucks for it now. Still cheaper than the other options

Rockken said:
I fixed my passenger side a couple of weeks ago with three cotter pins. If my hack breaks, or does not keep the window closed tightly, I'm going for this fix. I don't think you have to worry about this piece breaking again with their fix, it looks quite beefy.

Thats what I did with mine, its been fine for a while now. Seems the cotter pins will work better than the OEM plastic.

3 cotter pins = couple pennies.

Don't get me wrong, it's an AWESOME answer to weak OE part. I was on a time crunch (long trip - didn't want it to go kaput while on the road) and ponied up the extra $20 to have the local A-Zone get it the next day. NEXT DAY - they called, I drove, wrong part!!! :flamemad: It was the motor assemly. How long does it take for the Steiger kit to arrive?

I bought this kit and installed it "correctly", the spring pulled out on the 3rd cycle of the window, bought a new regulator. That was 1 year ago, no issues.

Too pissed about the wasted money to call the guy and get it back, and it was only $25 so it didn't kill me, just time I'll never get back.

I went the Steiger route on a 4dr driver window, and couldn't be happier. For me, the beautifully machined piece into which the cable end is threaded is confidence-inspiring. Furthermore, Jon at Steiger immediately answered my email plea for help, gave me advice, and overnight shipped the parts to arrive just as I had the regulator out of the door and on my garage work-bench. Important, this being thunderstorm season here in Virginia. It will be a permanent fix, and as for the current price for the kit, what is the price of "intellectual property?" His websight info is comprehensive and offered up to all. Isn't that worth something? BTW, thinking the glass might be broken as well, I checked around. First of all, Jon gave me clear advice about the glass situation. Jeep dealer: don't carry it anymore. Auto-recycler: (remember when they were called "wrecking yards?") quoted me $85 for the glass; we'd have to take the door apart. Glass franchise quoted $88 for a new PPG piece, cash and carry. Fortunately, our glass wasn't broken. My 1997 Cherokee Sport is buttoned up and working well. I'm happy.

Back