• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

84-96 OEM Tire Carrier

IllianaXJ

NAXJA Forum User
104491fb7758bb0d8354c7b608f6f95f.jpg

Early XJ OEM tire carrier. Includes all brackets and hardware. Currently has a 31" tire on it, wouldn't recommend going any larger.

$250 obo. Will remove from the Jeep when paid for, or at least a deposit put down. Rather not ship, can deliver to Redbird or parts train.

Does not include bumper unless you provide yours in trade. I can however provide a chrome bumper with the holes already in it for an additional $50.

Hey Byron, years ago I fit one of this style to my 99 with very little work. So you can extend that all the way up to 01 if it helps it sell.

Hey Byron, years ago I fit one of this style to my 99 with very little work. So you can extend that all the way up to 01 if it helps it sell.

That's a good boost for sure. Do you by chance recall what you did to make it work on your newer style xj?

Redbird delivery available...

Make an offer.

I need to find out what's involved with the retrofit. Since I don't plan on going beyond 31s this could work perfectly for my 2001.

Last edited:

Thanks for finding that.

I didn't realize hatch drilling was required. All the rear carriers I've looked at so far haven't required it. That is a new variable. Another variable is, now that I see how it mounts to the bumper, I'll not be able to use it once I get an aftermarket rear bumper. I'll have to weigh options.

Right now I've got a 31 in where the donut was. It's jerry rigged in there for sure but it works. The rear speakers in the ceiling are in the way.

I went a different direction. Turns out, if you're willing to smosh one of your ceiling speaker pods a tad, a 31x10.5 15 on a stock Ecco alloy fits inside and with the factory hardware.

Back