• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

5.5" lift, Chrysler 8.25, no SYE?

he means you may still get vibes with the extended slip yoke

the SYE if installed correctly should get rid of vibrations, but you still need to adjust your pinion angle to around 0* of +1*

88-xj-laredo said:
Im still confused, I mean all the places that sell it say, for cherokees not using a SYE. That doesnt help me much, Im sorry. So how would this help at all then, because technically if I stil get vibrations then wouldn't that still cause damage?

A longer yoke on a stock DS isn't going to help you with vibes or binding up on the trail. To me, their useless. A SYE kit will keep the rear shaft from falling out. Take a look at the front DS shaft. It has splines on it, to allow for travel. It also has a cardon joint, whick allows the DS to run at highter angles. Thats what is needed in back when going taller. Also, using degree shims will help you dial in the correct angles to eliminate the vibes and such.

rocklandxjer said:
but you still need to adjust your pinion angle to around 0* of +1*
now why on earthwould he want his pinion 1 degree above the d.s. angle? axle wrap will snap u joint in no time.

If I were to use the TNT customs 1.5" boomerang shackles, I'd still need the SYE, right?

Yes - longer shackles cause more movement in pinion angle during suspension cycle.

?? thought axle wrap due to the rotary force of the DS would push the pinion down and closer to alignment?... could be wrong though

No - pinion angle (with an SYE) should be 1 or 2 degrees low. The rear pinion tips up on on spring wrap.

Running 7.25" lift right now in the back.

Dakota spring back with overload spring in. 4.5" measured
MJ shackles .75" measured
2" blocks with degree taper on block. 2" measured. Total 7.25 confirmed.

Driveshaft off a 242 t-case is STOCK with a YJ slip yoke installed for better angle.

I get a slight vibe on take off only. Have driven 70mph on the highway without any vibes....other than the tire humm. Have had it up to 85mph and still no vibes.

I honestly just think I am lucky. But maybe reading all the tech here gave me an edge. ;)

Back