• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

5.3L Vortec V8 Conversion

Please do............I am going to be buying peace by piece to swap a 5.3 or maybe a 6.0 into My jeep. I have decided it is necessary haha-----------Kyle

Knowing the capability and potention of the LQ truck motors, especially with an LS-style intake/acc. It is definitely worth it doing. I will be doing it soon when I find something else to DD. Most likely a LQ4/6.0L truck motor and a 4l65-E.

Nevermind, someone said the 2312's won't work with the Novak mounts. We use 2312's on all our LS conversions but we use a different weld on style mount so we can lower the engine to clear the hood and keep everything at the proper angle.

sweet project. that thing is going to haul. Ive had more than one rice burner ask ask me what Ive got under the hood of my 2wd 2500 5spd. They dont believe me when I say its a stock 5.3. The thing straight up spanks for a stock truck. good luck, cant wait to see it finished.

Got the headers on Thursday evening. They are made by Sanderson Headers. I've looked on the Sanderson website and cannot find an exact match.

IMG_3890.jpg

I'll be painting them in a day or two and then I'll get 'em bolted in so I can start fabbing up the rest of the exhaust.

Yes I'm going to run all 4 O2 sensors for proper fuel management in the closed loop mode.

The prices are on the Novak site, $369 delivered (OUCH!)

Got the headers on Thursday evening. They are made by Sanderson Headers. I've looked on the Sanderson website and cannot find an exact match.

I'll be painting them in a day or two and then I'll get 'em bolted in so I can start fabbing up the rest of the exhaust.

Yes I'm going to run all 4 O2 sensors for proper fuel management in the closed loop mode.
Probably cannot find them, cuz they are a custom made header. Not a bad price for some headers that will work in a cherokee, but its not good either.

These do look a lot differrent than the Hooker headers I used. Even with paying extra for the headers, I still think this is money well spent being able to use Novak's mounts. Remember I spent a month on my mounts...

Consider this, the donor vehicle was configured so that each side of the exhaust came out of the manifold, passed an O2 sensor, through a cat, and passed another O2 sensor, then it combines with the other side through a "Y". Are you going to run two cats? If you are running only one you would want to configure the system using only one downstream O2 sensor. I originally designed mine with four O2 sensors and one cat, I was thinking better fuel mgmt also. Then one day I started to wonder how the downstream O2 sensors are going to make the proper adjustments if they don't know what side is rich/lean? So now I am thinking to get the best performance/fuel mgmt, I need to have a three O2 sensor system (two upstream, one downstream). I do not have the brain to program one downstream sensor out and have the computer look for only the other one, but I am told by programmers that this is easy for them to do. I think if you are not going to take the time to do a three sensor system, you might as well just do a two sensor system. Now, if you are going to run two cats, forget everything I said.

Back