• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4 inch lift, 32s

96blackxj

NAXJA Forum User
does anyone have a 4 inch lift with 32 inch tires, that is my plan, i'm going with a 4 inch trailmaster lift that i already bought, and i think i'm going to put on 32 x 11.5 dunlop mud rovers, if anyone has any tips or hints on the tires, problems i could run into with the lift, or if you have a similar setup and want to tell me what you think of it, that would be great, thanks a lot!

I run 32's with an RE 4.5 lift. Not much rubbing until I knocked off the snubber (bump stop) on the right front. Then I managed to stuff the tire up far enough into the well to tear up the fender....other than that only minor rubbing.....

I run the RE4.5 on my 96 XJ with 32" BFG MT. I had major rubbing just turning the tires. Backspacing is factor as well.

I have 4" of BS and I had to open the front wells big time and move the flares to fit.

I ran Rusty's 3" coils and 1.75" spacer that ran a true 4". Running 4.5" backspaced wheels and 32x10.50 Swamper TSL Radials I whacked my flares on a number of occasions.

I wouldn't bet that Trailmaster lift will hold a true 4". If you're on stock wheels, the 32's will barely fit but you'll rub the LCA's. If you have a different then stock backspacing, you're going to rub big time.

Most people probably already know this, and I've learned it before but can't remember. What is the stock backspacing? And less backspacing sticks the wheel out farther, right?

i'm gettin wheels that have 3.75 in of backspacing, so mine will be sticking out a ways. the springs that i have have been pre settled. I think i'm going to add bump stops.

The Dunlops are gonna howl like there's no tomorrow....just warning you.
Check out a set of Uniroyals....less road noise, and comparably priced.

John

SUperlift 3.5" here, with 1" front spacer, and 1.25" shkl in the rear and 265.75.16 (32x10.5x16) with stick Cherokee Classic wheels and no rubbing at all, but did do some trimming.....minor though

Here is a pic of my 98 with RE 3.5 with aal. I am running bfg 32x11.50 mud terrain's with little trimming and have no rubbing at full flex. Sorry but not sure of back spacing on wheel's.

HPIM0100.JPG

i hope he wasnt holding his breath

I have a 3.5" RE superflex w/ 32" dunlop mud rovers. I did some minor trimming in front and nothing in the back. I did rub inside fender on the rear after catching some air in the desert but very unusual.

esl_cherokee said:
Here is a pic of my 98 with RE 3.5 with aal. I am running bfg 32x11.50 mud terrain's with little trimming and have no rubbing at full flex. Sorry but not sure of back spacing on wheel's.
It don't look like you even get it dirty.

HPIM0100.JPG

I love the lift and the ride but as usual I am wanting more lift now...lol.
Total install with air tool's took about 4 hr's.
Of course I get it dirty just work my but off cleaning it. Here it is with the 30x9.50's
HPIM0020.JPG

Last edited:
I have a write up on my site that shows the bumpstop drop needed and the trimming to run 32's with a 4" lift.
www.go.jeep-xj.info
I am about to go to this very size in metric ( 265x75x16 ) next month so will have to trim like I show on my site that I did for someone else with that tyre size.

I'm running approx 4.5" lift and 32's right now .. no trimming and only minor rubbing at full stuff. Pretty sure if I lost the flares it would fix the rub.

Back