• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.5" Lift w/ 31" Tires?

Great! Thanks for the advice. What control arm drop brackets have you ran? The better question would be what was your personal favorite setup?
Most are pretty much the same. RC's come with the braces, RE braces are extra. Some say they are necessary, some do not. I personally prefer Long/mid arms. At this point drop brackets are out of the question for me since I would have to get new LCA's. They will improve your ride over short arms in stock position.

I ran rough country and had no problems with them... I was quite happy with them running 4.5 and 6.5 of lift on both stock and solid LCA's.... They are actually on their third Jeep now... my budies have been passing them around.. everyone has been very happy with them.. and for the money, they are invaluable

Here's mine with 245/75R16's (31") right after I finished installing the BDS 4.5" kit.

dscn3309.jpg

dscn3305.jpg

...and on the trail

CIMG1777.jpg
my favorite jeep in this thread! looks so clean.. i dont normally like 31s on 4.5, but this pulls it off nicely!

my old zj had 4.5 and 35s w/moderately trimmed fenders. my new xj is getting 3" and i have a set of 16" moabs w/stock MTRs. just gonna trim the inside of the flares, and see how that works. hopefully, i dont have to trim my fenders.

3" is the sweet spot for xj i believe. past that, and you start having to mess w/more stuff..

I ended up going with a Rubicon Express 3.5" Lift w/ adjustable lower control arms, adjustable track bar, Pro Comp leaf springs w/ shims, and Pro Comp MX-6 Shocks. Installing tomorrow. I'll post pics.

Oh, and if you have the desire to reply with comments about how I wasted my money and I should've done this or I should've done that, let me save you the trouble. I'm not even remotely interested.

Also, before I forget, thank you very much to all who posted pictures of their rigs and gave constructive input. I really appreciate it.

I got some 32" MTRs and it looks soo much better.

Jeep on the left has 3" lift with 31" tires and the jeep on the right has 4.5" lift with 31" tires. The 31" tires and 4.5" backspacing on the rims helps tuck the tires in pretty well when flexing with the jeep on the right.

100_1862.jpg

Last edited:
Where's the pics?

Back